Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hey, lighten up. You know damned well the jokes will abound soon enough so get off your high horses just because the timing may be a bit soon.

I feel sorry for any tragedy but there is not one damned thing I can do about them.

And yes; that was an ugly suit I was wearing. In reality I am an Adonis. I just get tired of women hoarding around me all the time.

I don't think there is any doubt that the berry picker died needlessly, the family of the berry picker should be felt sorry for or the hunter was an irresponsible idiot. Then again; the berry picker could have been a known pediphile and the hunter the parent of one of the berry pickers victims who took the oportunity to whack the berry picker while making it seem like an accident.

My point? We just don't know. So if my off the wall comments offend some, just think how bad they will feel when they see some comedian on TV next week doing a skit about a berry picker dressed as a bear getting shot by a hunter.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

RoBo,

Guess it is just a sensitive subject for me, I got shot when I was a teenager. It wasnt serious, but hurt like hell and scared the crap out of me.

I felt like you were minimizing the tragedy.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious, I was being a little uptight about it.

I accidentally shot myself once and everyone I told laughed right in my face as I was telling the story

By the way; I don't hunt. Has nothing to do with anything other then I have just never had the urge to hunt. Unless I was real hungry, I don't even know if I could kill an animal minding it's own business in its own home. In other words; I would be more likely to be the berry picker then the hunter.

I do however support responsible hunters. This is an activity that is mostly responsible no matter how many of the tragic events are sensationalized on the news. How many other activities totally support themselves through their own licensing fees and registrations?

I sincerely hope this incident does not become another banner for those who want to take away the rights of American hunters.

Originally posted by tooldoc
    I have done just that, Let an animal go becouse I cant Identify its legsl to shoot or I cant identify if its a cow or horse or whatever.
    Yup..That's what could happen anytime you carry a gun into a barnyard...

Oh yeah.. Me too.. Sorry bout the berryist.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2’.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Jacksonville is in the next county about 30 miles from here. This is were the incident took place.

The berry picker was laying right next to the trail. He got shot once in the shoulder. So he probably bled to death. The 26 yo guy from Mass. shot the 50yo picker then got into his car and drove home. He told relatives that he shot a guy. The relatives called police. He shot the guy at close range. Police say 60-70 FEET. The hunter is charged with murder.

So there is the possibility the guy could have been saved
    I believe then in this case the hunter should be shot and left to bleed to death. Not only did he shoot some one but he left the guy to die what a cowardly yellow bellied pos the guy deserves to rot in jail or die

I have a hard time comprehending such a cowardly act compounded by leaving the scene
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Originally posted by benncool
    Jacksonville is in the next county about 30 miles from here. This is were the incident took place.

The berry picker was laying right next to the trail. He got shot once in the shoulder. So he probably bled to death. The 26 yo guy from Mass. shot the 50yo picker then got into his car and drove home. He told relatives that he shot a guy. The relatives called police. He shot the guy at close range. Police say 60-70 FEET. The hunter is charged with murder.
    And deserves the maximum sentence for not rendering aid.

What a jackass.

When That Happens

Originally posted by benncool

The first question that comes to my mind is was there alcohol involved?

I pray not for an easy life but that I be a strong person.

In defence of Robo, you have two choices about life cry or laugh. And it is possable to laugh with tears in your eyes because of the seriousness of the situation.

I was born and raised on a dairy farm every year we lost cows to hunters hunting deer. My Dad convinced two hunters to get off the property by placing a 22 shell across one of their butts.

The kid blew it and now two families have to deal with the sorrow. When Hunting I was always tought to Identify the target 100% and the background 100% or do not shoot.
    Old snipes don't die they just loose their steam

In this morning's paper it said that he was hunting with his brother. Both brothers came upon the wounded picker at the same time. They both said that the picker asked for help and then he died in front of them. They then panicked and took off. Only the shooter has been charged so far. He is out on $25,000 bail.

Damn! That is bad. It is hard to comprehend that neither of these two brothers had the decency to own up to what they had done.

I'm pretty certain that integrity has been dropped as a requrement for obtaining a passing grade in child-rearing 101.

The asswipes PROBABLY had to take a hunter safety course just to buy their licenses. Now, it's been a FEW years since I had mine, but I recall several important things about not shooting until you know WTF you're shooting at, and, IIRC, even "way back then", there was instruction on what to do in the event of an accident.

They should BOTH be charged.

Also, if he died "in front of them", how did they know he was beyond help in the first place. I mean, your average 26 yo hasn't experienced too many traumatic deaths yet.

Smells like ****. Big time. I'm certain that they're lying about the hole thing, from the sound of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12