Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hey benncool,

I was checking out the Banner online and saw the article on the guy shot by the bear hunter in your area. What was he thinking? When I was out there last month it looked like the woods were really thick, but still!!!!!! You got any local info that might help us westerners understand how this happened?

An accident yea, but my god the berry picker was only a few feet from the trail. A human doesnt look anything like a bear.

Vermonters take the "hunter/gatherer" competition very serious.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

I didn't get to see the paper yet today. But there is no excuse for a hunter shooting a person.

Unfortunately, bears hang out were there are berries. However, it is ALWAYS any hunters responsiblity to identify his target. It is not like cops and robbers. When the cop mistakes a good guy as a bad guy.

No way this should have happened. The hunter will probably be tried for manslaughter.

Beenie: Why dont you make everyone wear a VMC hat that should keep them safe. It was probably someone from Mass. anyways.

And who says the berry picker didn't have it coming?
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

It was a guy from Mass!!!!!!!!!

We have hucklebeary"s here in Idaho, kinda like a bluebeary only wild. The bears love em.

Cant say that I have ever heard of a picker being killed in a patch tho. The thing that really gets people killed around here is that we dont have a hunter orange requirment. A guy will wear a carhart jacket and get shot by a deer hunter a wonder why.

If it is hunting season we all have a responsibility to be safe and aware of our suroundings, hunters and non hunters alike.

With that said I do agree there is no excuse.

Maybe the berry picker was wearing a bear suit.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

RoBo,

You cant be serious, do you really think this is funny??????

I feel for the guys family.

Anyone who shoots a person because they failed to identify their target properly should be held responsible. If nothing else it should discourage the blatant Ramboism at work when people shoot at rustling bushes...

I've let many an animal pass me by because I couldn't identify the target 100%. I'd happily hunt for the rest of my life and never ever take a single shot, rather than live with the consequences of that one bad shot.

We have hucklebeary"s here in Idaho

we have huckleberrys out here in cali to !

remember "doc holiday" in toumbstone? "Ill be your huckleberry"

Btw a huckelberry is the best berry on the bush

and that guy was bent over picking berrys and from the back he looked like a bear

I have done just that, Let an animal go becouse I cant Identify its legsl to shoot or I cant identify if its a cow or horse or whatever.

All of us who are hunters have that responsibility. One incident like this puts a black mark on all of us who are responsible and ethical hunters. This is the sort of thing that the anti's love to see, and point out how much safer we would all be if aur guns and our rights were taken away, for our own good.

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    ROFLMAO

I thought it was funny,

we don't have any berrys or bears but a fast moving bus will make a mess outta ya, an it don't matter what kinda suit you have on or if yer naked

The 26-year old hunter was charged: 2nd Degreee Murder.

http://www.wlbz.com/home/article.asp?id=26209

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Geez Robo was that only an ugly suit you were wearing when we met? Umm I hope your not offended I was just curious.

Oh yeah I dont think it's a joking matter either, poor picker.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast