Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skpkey9 View Post
    tech93 - Depending on how the W/I is sized it can and will refreeze product, even tho not good food practices for sake of argument it will refreeze product will just take longer to achieve...Don't know where you got your information but incorrect...

Hope this helps...
    My point is if product was delivered and not frozen then it would cause high load in walk-in.

Lightbulb

My point is... You have to be careful as to what you post, Less knowledgeable people around here are likely to take some some information and run with it, and then we have more hacks in the field... and there is alot of things from your posting here that I don't agree with... I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but I see it in the field everyday and it sickens me...
    Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is that one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, well, the sky's the limit!

But you are correct warm product will cause hight load...

Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is that one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, well, the sky's the limit!

Quote Originally Posted by tech93 View Post
    My point is if product was delivered and not frozen then it would cause high load in walk-in.
    that would be so wrong in many ways to deliver food that isn't frozen that's supposed to b ..... I've seen it with chinese restaurant food suppliers but I'm sure they don't care lol but never anywhere else

Quote Originally Posted by skpkey9 View Post
    My point is... You have to be careful as to what you post, Less knowledgeable people around here are likely to take some some information and run with it, and then we have more hacks in the field... and there is alot of things from your posting here that I don't agree with... I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but I see it in the field everyday and it sickens me...
    Well said.

We all have to remember that we are representing the HVAC/R industry in our posts here. Equipment owners can and DO read them.

Hijack over, carry on.

It would be nice to know superheat. There could have been a large load on the box. Also possible someone jacked the TXV all the way open. You can never be certain when someone claims "It has always worked just fine".

The first thing I thought of was this equipment may be undersized and maybe wasn't cutting it on a really hot day. May have just been loaded. Running water over the condenser increased capacity and helped it pull down.

300 psi is approximately 117 degree saturation- not going to get it much better than this on a 98 degree day.

Subcooling measurements should not be used as a determination of charge on a receiver system. Just clear the glass, and add the calculated winter charge if there is a headmaster.

Like JP said- torch the receiver and see where you are at with the charge level.

I would also run a performance curve on that compressor. With a 50 suction I would think the head would be higher than 300. Most 404a pressure limiting valves are set to 35 pounds mop. I would think with a 50 suction a low temp
    404a compressor would be close to overload. I think you may have an inefficient compressor.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I thought compressor, too.

BUT.

It made temp when he brought the head down.

Made me think otherwise.
    I hear ya JP, but I am still skeptical. The op said box made 0 degrees with a 30 suction. How many 404 a systems make 0 with a 30 suction? I think he increased the capacity to an extent with the cooler coil, but no way was that box zero with a 30 suction

Suction pressure too high. Adjust the TXV. Should be around 10 - 15 psig.

You are right you are feeding to much liquid on the evaporator. The refrigerant is not evaporating. The efficiency of the system is less.
    If we evolve from the monkey then why are there still monkeys.

GOD Bless America.

Smile

you see, this is where a superheat reading would have been helpful

Wow had no idea this post got so popular when i was at work
    Dont you guys work too lol

anyway, got there this morning box at 14deg. pressures were same as yesterday, suction still reading too high. Had a completely clean coil.
    Pulled gas out of unit, to eliminate the portability of mixed gases. Pulled a Vacuem and recharged.

unit acting the same, so pumped unit down, replaced TXV with a Sporlean, new LL dryer. Started it up, suction running around 20psi, box cooled down to 0deg.

Seems the compressor valves may be not sealing right, the unit would pump down to a slight vacuum but not much, someone had the pressure cut out turned down as low as it would go, so on a pump down the system wouldn't cut off (no telling how long it had been like this). Its a recip. compressor.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast