Looking to learn

Hello everyone, I wanted to stop in and introduce myself and give a little background. I am very new to the business and looking to learn as much as I possibly can. I entered the HVAC business a mere 7 months ago, previously I had a small amount of sheet metal experience and I was 2 years into an electrical engineering degree but I joined on to a well respected HVAC company here in Muncie, Indiana in November. I started out in the installation department working as an installers helper on large commercial jobs, (wrapping duct work and working with sheet metal mostly) but it is in my nature to learn everything I possibly can. After a very short time I began studying for my refrigeration certificate and I raided the book shelves in the shop and read every training manual on every subject we had and not long after I got my card, I began riding along on service calls under the wing of a very wise man who has been in the business for 30 years. Now I am out in the field alone as a service technician. Every day I feel like I'm over my head, but every day I feel a little more confident in myself. But one thing is certain, I am far from learning all there is to know so I joined this forum to further my education.

Our company is small but well respected and established in the community. I feel like I can help our company expand by honing my skills in areas we are deficient. I want to learn as much as I possibly can about refrigeration and ice machines. I would like to thank everyone in advance for the information and I will provide as much as I can. The areas I am most confident in right now are all things electrical, zoning, wireless controls and high volume turnover units.

Thanks again

Welcome here!

Its a great place to learn!

Don't forget to apply for pro membership when your post count reaches 15.