+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question for Georgia Contractors

Post Likes
    Thinking of moving to savannah, georgia and wondering what kind of licensing georgia mandates?I have 7 yrs in the business and a NATE Card, EPA of course,anything else needed?

Post Likes
    You will need a state mechanical contractors lic. You have to apply to take it. If your application is accepted you take a 6 hour test. Make a 70 and pass.
    Please step AWAY from the condensing unit.

Post Likes

OR

Pay James3528 a hundred bucks to take the test for you. He needs the money. He's trying to support 2 poodles.

Post Likes
    What makes you think you need a NATE card?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes

Georgia

What a

MESS!!!!!

Post Likes
    Normally I would agree but right now I think Mississipi and New Orleans got em beat.

Post Likes
    Normally I would agree but right now I think Mississipi and Louisianna got em beat.

Post Likes
    could you repeat that, I didn't quite get it the first time.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Post Likes
    i think you just have to fit the round peg through the square hole and your Golden.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Post Likes
    When I took the test, it was open book. It has practically nothing to do with refrigeration. It's all about the codes. There were maybe 5 questions about air conditioning. If you were book smart and knew nothing about HVAC you could pass this test. However, if you were the albert einstein of HVAC but were not book smart you'll probaly not pass.

Example question:
    If you install a gas unit heater in a garage what is the minimum clearance from the wall a) 4" b) 8" c) 12" d) 16"

or

A thermostatic expansion valve controls A)superheat b)pressure c) subcooling d) none of the above

If you know how to find the stuff in the books, it's a breeze. You can get all of the books need at Engineers Book store in Atlanta. I think they sell to GA tech students. You'll about 500 dollars on books.

Post Likes
    The test is just one part. Getting to take the test is the first part. Red, I would say none of the things you listed will do you any good. Basically you need a sponsor.

Hell, you're in Beaufort? . It's like you are already in Savannah. It's great ain't it? A bad day on the SC or GA coast is better than a good day in Pitts- burgh.

[Edited by JAMES 3528 on 09-06-2005 at 01:35 AM]

Post Likes

Frown

Should have clarified.... work for a company just wondering if there were any certs needed.Dice my nate card got me $4 an hour how 'bout yours?And the dealer I work for factory authorized.Talked to a dealer today in savannah,it'll get me a $2500 dollar sign on bonus too soooo......

Post Likes
    Originally posted by red_neckn
    Should have clarified.... work for a company just wondering if there were any certs needed.Dice my nate card got me $4 an hour how 'bout yours?And the dealer I work for factory authorized.Talked to a dealer today in savannah,it'll get me a $2500 dollar sign on bonus too soooo......
    you're working for $4 an hour. hell, even i make more than that.

sign on bonus????

you're gonna need an agent. i'll do it for 20%.

GROSS......before taxes.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Post Likes
    see dice you should get a nate card and give yourself a four dollar raise

and send me the sign on bonus since it was my idea for you to get the raise

Post Likes
    He will probably just be happy if that rash clears up he got at the convention.

Post Likes
    I asked a simple question the smart ass remarks aren't wanted/needed.... Any of you want to meet face to face and have this conversation?CLOWNS!

Post Likes
    if you are going to be hot-headed like that........then i'm sorry but i cannot represent you any longer.

I WITHDRAW MY OFFER.

GOOD DAY TO YOU, SIR.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in