Model SG101OT

I'm having an intermittent problem with this thing. Customer called to tell me he put baked potatoes in it and a while later they still were not done. said the burners would not come on.

I get there and I turn it on, both pilots lite. Turn the stat up and the right burner lights and the left burner lights, but then the left one goes out, looks like the pilot flame moved away from the "mercury switch" or whatever type safety switch it has. I pulled that side apart, checked and cleaned the pilot orifice and made sure the switch bulb didn't have crap coated on it and turned it back on, and it did nearly the same thing, it would go on, the pilot would move away a little and the burner would go off. I thought maybe the gas valve for that side was bad, but then I backed down the gas that goes into both gas valves just a slightly, then they both came on and off normally and stayed on till the unit came up to temperature. I told the cook to try that and see how it behaves. He called me a week later and said it was ok....

Then he called me last week to tell me it was acting up again. I got there and it seemed to be working ok, but you have to wait about a minute after the pilots lite before you can turn up the thermostat, then both burners come on, but every now and then the right burner will go off....

This leads me to think there is not a problem with either of these safety gas valves, the problem may be with something before it gets there. It seems like maybe I don't have enough gas but turning it down to both valves seemed to work even if only a temporary measure.

Unfortunately it seems like alot of commercial cooking equipment do not have a convenient place to check gas pressure without a lot of pain....

Any ideas?

Planning to get back there in a day or two to go back over it.

Luckily they have another older convection oven they can use if this one is acting flaky.