+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tranny's fine, I'm pissed

Post Likes
    OK, for anyone who cares, I got the tranny on my Dodge working again. There is no way the seal that came with the new filter was going to work so I put the old seal back on and am back up and running.

What I'm pissed at is that the thing I most needed to do was to find a leak in my power steering system. I found it; two tranny lines have rubbed a hole in a power steering fluid crossover tube becaus of the sloppy workmanship of the last mechanic that worked on my truck.

This happens way too often in our trade as well as we hear from so many complaining about leaking refrigerant tubing due to rubbing distributor tubes and the such.

Here is a matter of a major disruption in my life and a now major repair because some jackass who most likely whines about the manufacturer just couldn't be bothered to do his damned job right.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    I would not use that mechanic again

Post Likes
    You should go to Transmission-Talk.com and tell them what a bunch of crooks they are!

Post Likes
    I cannot be sure if it happened due to a mechanic at the Dodge dealership that did some front end recall work or by a long time mechanic/acquantence that did some front end work when my son went off the road while I was out of the country.

If I knew for certain which one it was, I'd be raising hell at them.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    blame both of them one of them might fess up or they might just fix it to shut you up.

Post Likes
    I hear they got good tranny shops in NJ
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Post Likes

My bad

From the post title, well you know, I thought your better half had sum extras!!

Post Likes
    I would say it was because of the DO IT YOURSELFER. They are the ones that screw everything up.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Carnak
    I hear they got good tranny shops in NJ
    Bwaaaa Haaaa !! Yeah aint that the truth.

Post Likes

How's the STICK SHIFT

BAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Post Likes
    I won't even stop for gas in New Jersey. I heard of one guy who put half a million into an old junker with a bad tranny because of a New Jersey tranny mechanic

I am not being a DIYer with my truck....I am trying to do routine maintenance You know; change the oil and change the filters kind of a thing?

Then again, how many times do HOs screw up changing the filters in their HVAC systems?

"I changed the air filter and now my furnace doesn't work. Could this have anything to do with the blower door not going back on right?"
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    EXACTLY

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in