Thread: flat rate

I have just passed my contractors and business and law exams and am prepairing for a new business start up.I am checking into flat rate pricing versus time and materials.The company i currently work for uses time and material.It seems like most of the bigger more succesful company's use flat rate.I have checked on the collierjennings program and it seems like an excellent program but it's expensive.Does anyone know a comprable program for less,or should i just shell out the bucks in the beginning for the better program.

Mr. HVAC's flat rate program is nice. Buy it once and it is yours. Update as you wish for the cost of labor & paper. Or can buy updates from him. Pricey to buy but to us, buying it was about the same as a renewal of Callahan-Roach's system. First renewal paid for it!

Thanks BaldLoonie, I checked out Mrhvac,Drhvac(C-J)and Callahan-Roach.Im thinking i'll probably go with MrHVAC(flat rate plus).I'm going to put a little more research into it.I want to get everything started out right,so if you have any more info for business startups let me know.I,ve been a service manager/tech for several years and have seen the down side to time and material pricing and other unorganized operations.
    Thanks again! runum

At our last quarterly meeting an interesting fact was brought up. 5 years ago our company was time and materials and we switched to flat rate pricing. It made alot of people in our company nervous but the customers didnt seem to even notice. Last year our company paid more in taxes than we made in total revenue in 1999! Of course there are several things that factor into that, but that is a strong evidence that money can be made easily while keeping the customer happy.

I have been i business for several years, 4 years ago i invested in MR HVAC flat rate pricing. This has been my best company investement ever. It has incresed *cash* money flow and cut my office managers job to allmost nothing. Because flat rate is a COD program u have little to no billing time, this translates into lots less screw ups in billing and more cash flow I have even concidered going to lap top computers and printers for my techs. for paper less billing at the customer's house.

Thanks for the input guys.I'm 90% sure i'm going with flat rate plus.I've also been checking on office management programs.I'm familiar with win-tac pro and what it does,I'm also looking at T.O.M.(total office manager) it seems to do quite a bit more than win-tac but is also almost twice the price.I have limited start up capitol so I may just use quickbooks for now.I know they will finance it but thats just another accts. payable at the end of the month.I have the cash to purchase it but i think it might be better spent in another area.
    Thanks again---runum