+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wanting to go to new orleands to help,any imfo?

Post Likes

Thumbs up

To whom it may concern; owner/operator of multi.tech co.
    Eletrical comm an res., heating a/c, refrigeration, kitchen eqp. trained for adverse conditions willing to relocate if thers a contractor that needs someone please contact me. veteransrepair@bellsouth.net Hank Smith owner/operator.
    Respectfully
    Hank Smith

Post Likes
    Hank, give it a week or two. Then they will be looking for you. If I did not own a business, I would just gather up my stuff in a couple of weeks and just go.

Post Likes
    The Red Cross is specifically asking for money and not volunteers. At the moment they need persons well trained in post disaster situations.

It may be a year before our industries help will be needed.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    I disagree strongly. Their will be a need for refer people yesterday. Just keeping the rescue mission and clean up missions food services and support stuff up running will be a years work

[Edited by James 3528 on 09-05-2005 at 06:09 PM]

Post Likes
    You're right James. I was thinking about the new equipment sales end of the needs that won't hit hard till the clean up is done, the tearing down of the damaged structures is done and the new construction is ready for the new equipment.

However, they are going to need to get things going real quick on the refrigeration end.
    Training is important!

Post Likes

Portable units

Such as packaged systems will be in high demand. Imagine what a couple of 5 ton mobile home packages with flex would make on some of these shelters when the temp in the mid 90's and the RH is 80+. Government is going to pay through the nose. Ya'll might as well get your share.

Post Likes

wanting to go...

Thank you James for the input and im sure they will, but now they need make shift power distribution, make shift houseing, make shift toilets, make shift stoves,make shift refrigeration, an a world of compromising and improvising that they needed a week ago.
    Not to mention those little (Targets) thats taking pot shots at people trying to help.Well we all kmow what they need, so I,ll continue my quest to get there a.s.a.p ...
    thanks again James for your reply. hank ?

Post Likes
    Did you guys forget who is running this country ?

All contractors will be consolidated under Haliburton, just wait and see. Haliburton will be the GC to rebuid the city and they will dictate the prices and market share, it will be hilarious but very profittable for them and their friends in Washington.

Just wait it's coming,

Hell they will probably get a billion dollars just to assess the damage.

When it is all said and done, Haliburton will be the winner.

Post Likes

Will probably be

Johnson Controls for the major part of the mechanical work. As we speak they are starting to pump out the water. They have secured 1 levee.

Post Likes
    No doubt , they were hired by Haliburton,

When the tears dry up big business will get there hands on everything, and big business in America is Haliburton, Bush, Cheney & Assocs.

Post Likes
    Why are you being such an ass, gruvn?
    Training is important!

Post Likes

Must be in the air

Sveral regulars on this board have REALLY been grumpy the past couple of days!!

Post Likes
    There won't be a primary contractor. A lot of that stuff was Insured.

Post Likes

Load up the wagons, I mean trucks

And head down there. There's gold in that flood!!

Post Likes
    I'm not being an ass, I will bet you that in a couple of months they will get a check to start rebuiding the infrastructure of that town, whats wrong with that prediction, it seems like the obvious to me.

Post Likes
    I'm sorry gruvn, is that a typo in your post? Did you mean to say oblivious where you said obvious? Talk about having an 'agenda.' Geeessh.
    Everyone has a purpose in life..........even if it's to be a bad example.

Seek first to understand, before seeking to be understood.

Post Likes
    Talk about your 'big business.' Anybody else see how Walmart 'stepped up to the pump?' Pledged a combined 23 million (from company and foundation) so far, and ANY employee of Walmart displaced by the disaster is GUARANTEED a job at ANY other Walmart store! Anywhere! I'm impressed!

Just FYI. Don't get your shorts in a wad if the big money boys like Gates, et. al. don't jump in with millions. Remember a little thing a short while ago called the Tsunami? These business giants pretty well pledged all they could for the year when that occurred, and anything else that comes is gonna have to be on top of that.

I am still curious how a local government i.e. New Orleans, (yeah the Mayor with class!) that had already been given millions to put an emergency plan in place, DIDN'T HAVE ONE. I'd like to see THAT paper trail thank you very much!

Post Likes
    If having a realistic view on the outcome of a situation based upon prior events that had the same result is classified as an agenda, then call me MR. Agenda,

Post Likes
    Gee gruvn, I'm thinking now...................hmmm, when was the last time New Orleans flooded? hmmmmmmmmmm.

Post Likes
    I se you have a dificult time in relating one type of event to another,you need everything to matchup perfectly in order to determine a plausible outcome, well so much for the advanced cognitive skills program I havew now ekected to stay out of this debate, (for your benefit )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in