Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    The additional 300 billion is needed to properly instruct military personnel how to accept that the guy next to them in the showers is allowed to leer at them, throw air kisses and stare longingly at their "privates".
    Let's stay away from your fetishes on this thread, please

If the Congree wants to cut spending, then by all means cut spending. But this stance where the Military budget is hands off has got to change. if tax receits and money from fees and other sources are coming in at levels last seen in 2001, then cut all government spending to levels seen in 2001. Of course that would mean getting rid of the Medicare Advantage Plans the GOP passed , Reinstating the Department of the Interior and close the Department of Homeland Security and cutting Defense allocations to what they were in 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Villa never was caught by Pershing. At Columbus, the 13th Calvary is what drove him out, not armed civilians
    It was a combined effort mancow. And the fact that this is such an isolated instance initiated by one of the best of Mexico's paramilitary types on one of the least fortified towns on the U.S. border is proof that attacking the U.S. on U.S. soil is not something that our enemies want to do.

That attack prompted the U.S. to declare war on Villa. It was the first media war and good practice for our military. Pershing was called away from his efforts to capture Villa because of our getting involved with a real war. You may recall it from history books, it was initially called the Great War and later referred to as World War 1.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

a look at defense spending over the last decade

Notice how the largest increase happened over the middle to last part of the decade.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:U....ing_Trends.png

If the Congree wants to cut spending, then by all means cut spending. But this stance where the Military budget is hands off has got to change. if tax receits and money from fees and other sources are coming in at levels last seen in 2001, then cut all government spending to levels seen in 2001. Of course that would mean getting rid of the Medicare Advantage Plans the GOP passed , Reinstating the Department of the Interior and close the Department of Homeland Security and cutting Defense allocations to what they were in 2001.
    My scenario was obviously meant to be a parody of the ridiculous things that the O'Bummer administration spends money on. All O'Bummer needed to do was to not buck up against a standing order started by another Democrat president and keep "Don't ask, don't tell" as the standard for our military. Every time O'Bummer makes another "change", it costs the citizens of the U.S. more money.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Agree 100% Eisenhower warned us of the build up of the military industrial complex,and for good reason with taken into account our over zealous State Department which feeds and creates for war debt and taxes.
    FEN

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_P._Shultz

And this one is for Robo.

This one is easy.....

Track back to where he used to work and who the founder was and who the founder used to do buisness with and keep in mind fraud and more debt.

And you will have your logical answer.
    FEN

I talk with the Egyptian and Pakistani people running the local convienence stores, i have a good idea what they want.
    Now really Ace...

IMO it does not take a graduate in Political Science to understand there is a HUGE difference (understanding, maturity, education, perception, etc) between a convenience store clerk and a college degreed Professional journalist.

The evening was quite interesting... albeit I was conversing through an interpreter. After about a half hour, I learned to read the emotions of the guys speaking in their native tongue, and kinda knew what they said before the interpreter told me.

Bottom line ace... you will have to try a lot harder... your comment is about as lame as a wet noodle...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Now really Ace...

IMO it does not take a graduate in Political Science to understand there is a HUGE difference (understanding, maturity, education, perception, etc) between a convenience store clerk and a college degreed Professional journalist.

The evening was quite interesting... albeit I was conversing through an interpreter. After about a half hour, I learned to read the emotions of the guys speaking in their native tongue, and kinda knew what they said before the interpreter told me.

Bottom line ace... you will have to try a lot harder... your comment is about as lame as a wet noodle...
    Not so lame really. I was talking to small business owners, yes, that's right they own their business and speak English, not some liberal professor.

Not so lame really. I was talking to small business owners, yes, that's right they own their business and speak English, not some liberal professor.
    Maybe you have a different class of convenience store clerks over there... what we have here are the 'merchant class' of folks... Most of them have only a 'street' education in how to run a business (translate that into argue endlessly for a cheap price on all $$$ going out... and try to get as much as they can on each sale). One can see the results in a dirty store, warm coolers, and a host of other things.

Now tell me that same street-wise person has an education large enough to understand world trade, world politics, central banking, international relations, economics, monetizing debt, and a host of other things one has to LEARN how to understand.

I have lots of customers with graduate educations... and we converse regularly on these things. The more one converses on these things... the more one understands how different they are from what they appear to be.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Oh heck, Obama has just the type of education you are boasting about, yet some, including you , don't trust his education no further than you can throw it. Give me the man off the street , who knows what the public wants any day.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234