Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hmm

I was hired to install 4 or 5 PTU's in a "bed and breakfast" motel that is being built. I have done work for this customer, an "attorney" for years. The only problem is that the job is at least 120 miles from here on Canyon Lake. This guy never complains about the cost. Just so his wife is happy. I have never had a job like this so far from home. This includes carpentrey (load bearing walls), electrical service and plumbing. This is great! I will get to mix business with pleasure. Cheryl will be happy. I hope. This can be our second honeymoon. See James, I am a good husband! Roy

Hey that's great. You can get a noon'er at the B&B.

When I was traveling far distances for home Lisa would often go with me if the area was an interesting one. I have also accompanied her on business trips.

While the working half is working, the tag along checks out the area for what the two of them can do together when the working half is off work.

A few of the places work has taken us;

Jim Thorpe, PA where I was given an upgrade three room suite for the price of a regular room for helping out the owner.
    Boston, Mass
    Salem, Mass
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Nashville, Tenn......

All turned out to be nice, short getaways that cost very little because one of us was working.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Smile You can bet on the nooner!

This will be fun and make money too! I don't know why he didn't hire someone closer. Maybe because his wife said. I don't know. But one thing you can count on, there will be a nooner somewhere.

Smile Robo

The two places I would like to go is Boston and Salem, Roy

Re: You can bet on the nooner!

Originally posted by oroy54
    This will be fun and make money too! I don't know why he didn't hire someone closer. Maybe because his wife said. I don't know. But one thing you can count on, there will be a nooner somewhere.
    Find my X and you can get a noon'er and a afternoon'er.

Roy, a redhead sandwich

The only place I ever took the War Dept. and the Kids, ever, was when I was working in Lake Placid during the building of the 1980 Olympics. All of the construction personnel who mostly were out of towners were treated like royality. One of the bartenders who's bar I frequented volunteered her teenage daughter to baysit our kids one night so Mary Lou and I could have a romantic dinner.

The next day was full of toboganing, ice skating and dog sledghing with the kids. Back in the day.

Sounds boring. WTF are you talking about kids for. We were talking about knocking boots.

Yankee's geeeeezz

Around here, if you're working that far away from home you're even farther in the middle of no where.

I'd much rather be home every night myself.

I did hear about a control company that bid a job in Hawaii for a trip though. I guess the owner and his partner (small company) wanted to go on vacation so they bid it. Ended up getting it too. Worked 2 weeks, took a week off then one more week of work before they returned. Took thier wifes and had a great ole time.

Originally posted by benncool
    construction personnel were treated like royality. One of the bartenders who's bar I frequented volunteered her teenage daughter

Whoa...... I was thinking Holy Crap! You about to tell a nasty story!
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Smile Vacation

This is going to be fun. If any of you guys have a craving for a cigarette or you go out and your dog has a cigarette in his mouth around noon..You will know what happened! Watch out for the neighbor lady asking you to take her pulse! Yeah! I haven't had a vacation in years. Roy

[Edited by oroy54 on 09-05-2005 at 06:41 PM]

Hmm Ya see bencool

These guys can twist any truth into a lie. I'm glad that they love you more than me! You were just beginning to have a good time, then Bam, here comes your buddie Spotts!

120 miles? That's an AVERAGE service call for me, one way.

Hardly an overnighter!

Seriously.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast