Has anyone ever used a super seal product for repairing leaks in a central roof top package unit?

Yea! super seal , man that stuff works great, It works great on your gauges, your vacume pump , your recovery unit, the metering device,

That S#*t will plug up everything you own and everything anyone else owns that has to work on it .

Why not fix the leak correctly?

It works even better in an automotive AC system . It ruins everything and you get to replace it all

Originally posted by ct2
    It works even better in an automotive AC system . It ruins everything and you get to replace it all

yep, it jacked up my auto a/c unit.

It pluged the metering device in record time!

worste part is ... I paid dearly for the materials. And now I gotta tear the TXV apart and clear the stuff out of it.

This just in... There was a big article in the HVAC Insider about how this Ford plant in Canada had several chiller leaks. The story goes that it would be too costly to shut down the chiller to repair the leak(s), so they just added a leak sealer. Now the leaks are all fixed and the plant avoided costly repairs. Follow-up... A branch manager from a United Refrigeration store tried to reach the Ford plant and speak to the "named" supervisor for more information. No such person, no such chiller problem according to the HVAC engineer. Never heard of the product, never would use it, period.