Confused in desperate need of help

i moved into a newly remodeled home in sept of last year including the installation of a brand new a/c unit...the unit will not cool the house though...when we first moved in we couldnt use the system due to a fan issue as told by the landlord...after finally being able to use it the lines would freeze up...i changed filter and it seemed to help...i do believe it freezes up though still after several hours of running unit as it will not cut off....also if i set thermostat to like 78 for example..if and when it hits 78 it continues to run...as of now the house stays between 76-81 degrees depending on temp outside ranging from 85-102 degrees...for example today its was a high of like 104 and the temp inside would go no lower than 78...it reads 79 right now at 1 am and it prob between 80-85 outside....can someone help me out? maybe a few idea in the right direction? ill provide any more info that i can..thanks in advance for your help

Do you not trust any contractors?

i simply cant afford it

This forum doesn't allow members to give "do it yourself" type advice and unfortunately, that's exactly what you are asking for.

If it makes you feel better, I doubt that this is something we could guide you through anyway unless you had the proper tools laying around (and if you did you wouldn't be asking here )

I'm sorry to say that you're either going to have to pay for a service call yourself or get your landlord to do it.

Edna Bay, Alaska Highest concentration of black bears in the US
    If the system is new, it shouldn't cost anything for the installing company to get it working. Have they been called?

Something doesn't add up. "New home" "landlord" "New System" "Can't afford it?"

Did some contractor NOT get paid?

Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    Something doesn't add up. "New home" "landlord" "New System" "Can't afford it?"

Did some contractor NOT get paid?
    Thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.phil View Post
    If the system is new, it shouldn't cost anything for the installing company to get it working. Have they been called?
    Best advice
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.