Hi All--

this is the continuing saga of trying to get my new HVAC system (Lennox G61V, 5-ton XC21, 3 zone Arzel, 3 Lennox signature stats) working properly.

The latest tweak by the contractor was to designed to enable the signature stats to control the dehumidification mode on the furnace (this mode enables slower fan speeds to better dehumidy the house). Based on wiring diagrams sent by Arzel, the plan was to use the stat on the first floor to control dehumification.

doing this caused a problem--the condenser unit no longer runs in first stage--it is always on second stage, even when only a single zone is calling for first stage cooling. as can be expected, this has increased short cycling on the system (already a problem) and has had, if anything, a negative effect on RH.

any idea why first stage cooling no longer works???

configuring this system has been a nerverending story...

thanks in advance!

LJM

ii think i heard or read somewhere sig stat energizes 2nd stage cool and slows blower for dehumidification. try disabling humidity control in thermostat see if it gives you back 1st stage. cannot use humidity control with this equip with lennox harmony control system either.

Talking

You should have bought a Trane.
    Live for yourself and ask no one to live for you.

The signature stat should not affect the 1st stage compressor operation when it is not requiring Dehumidification. In reading the Signature stat manual I can not determine if a call for dehumidification initiates both the Y1 and Y2 at the condenser and then slows the blower by one stage or if it only calls for Y1 with a lower blower speed. Sounds like something might be set up incorrectly.

jr

Originally posted by inturmoil
    What a stupid response.
    Dogs truly are man's best friend!!

I don't remember which particular Lennox control it was, but one of the Lennox humidity controllers came with an installation manual that had a misprint in the wiring diagram, where one of the jumpers needed wasn't in the manual. The AHU install manual did have it correct 'though.

Originally posted by lonnirat
    Originally posted by inturmoil
    What a stupid response.
    My thoughts exactly lonnirat!

People need to realize how damaging those types of comments are to the HVAC Industry. Not to mention it is not at all what "our" customers want to hear after investing both time and money into what "one of us" said they should buy.

jr