Thread: Coil Capacity??

Coil Capacity??

I'm looking for the BTU capacity on a Heatcraft coil. This is stamped on the outside of the coil: 3EST-C 4910

Thanks in advance!!

you can find Heatcraft catalog data here:
    http://www.heatcraftrpd.com/products/
    remember that coils have no capacity output, they handle output of Cond unit, take into considerration the coil TD in matching
    ie. a coil rated to handle 12,000 btuh at 10 TD can handle 18,000 btuh at 15 TD, OK?

Rocket is right, coil capacity is variable. it depends and what your pumping through it and what temperature the application is.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    you can find Heatcraft catalog data here:
    http://www.heatcraftrpd.com/products/
    remember that coils have no capacity output, they handle output of Cond unit, take into considerration the coil TD in matching
    ie. a coil rated to handle 12,000 btuh at 10 TD can handle 18,000 btuh at 15 TD, OK?
    I did check the heatcraft website, but couldn't find any information...maybe operator error!?

We would like to use this coil for a R12 3-door medium temp reach in cooler. I know that the currently installed compressor has a capacity of 4400 BTUH. Hopefully we can find enough information on the coil to give the customer some realistic performance expectations. Unfortunately my calls to distributors and Heatcraft themselves haven't turned up any worthwhile information.

take a few pictures of the coil including nameplate then visit a local supply house