I've searched all over the internet to see what causes that white crystal powder on fireplace glass. My guess is it's the mineral deposits left over as natural gas burns;or is it the sulphur and butane and other chemicals left over after natural gas is burned. Is it the thermal decomposition of Mercaptan after natural gas is burned? What about hydrogen sulfide and oxides of sulfur, carbon?
This fire place glass was covered by this stuff, how do I fix it. Told customer to call original installer to fix problem. Glad I didn't have to deal with it.