Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Could use a little help with a HP problem.A new install installed by our company.It's a Lennox HP26 unit.Works perfect in cooling mode,but when switched to heating mode,High side pressure goes all the way up to 400lbs,low side to 120 lbs.Unit shuts off on High pressure.While in cooling mode pressures are good.High side 180,low side 70.Outdoor ambient 80 degrees.Any ideas?

HP should not be run in the heating mode with high outdoor temp.

I understand that it shouldn't.But the pressures shouldn't be that high anyway.I was doing a start up so people could get a CO.

Hello,
    The system sounds overcharged.

Originally posted by eagle1154
    While in cooling mode pressures are good.High side 180,low side 70.Outdoor ambient 80 degrees.Any ideas?
    what are your line temps,and what type of metering?
    bob brown has a good thought...also is it a split and if so what other model numbers is missing? maybe a mismatch.

[if this turns out to be some student doing homework then you all can kick me in the butt]

sounds like possible air flow problem. Semms pressures slightly low in cooling mode, but knowing the suction line temp with the pressures would tell.

Richard

Try bumping up your fan speed in heat mode. Is this a manufactured home? If so the crossover duct could be too small.
    Live for yourself and ask no one to live for you.

I thought system was overcharged also,removed some refrigerant,didn't do any good.System has TXV inside and outside.Subcool temp was 12 degrees in cooling mode,suction line temp was all the way up to 190 in the heating mode.It is a split system,I'm not sure of the model number for the air handler,but it's a lennox elite.

South/West of Quebec in the other part of Canada
    have you installed a proper filter/dryer?

I installed a bi-directional filter drier.Have you seen any bad ones?

Verify your airflow is indeed nominal. Make sure it is indeed a matched system. Then you may have to freeze the coils to make sure you dont have a restricted circuit. Finally, recover all the refrigerant, triple evacuate and recharge by weight.

Thanks to all who replied.Turns out the Lennox salesman gave us some bad info.The unit was a mismatch.He sold us a 13 SEER condenser,but the Air Handler was only 10 Seer.Hence the indoor coil couldn't handle all the refrigerant,Making the system overcharged.Damn Salesmen!!!

Remember that story and tell everyone, not to bash your salesman but to prove the point that the days of just installing an outdoor unit are going by the wayside.

Glad you got it fixed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast