Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gas mileage

Cool

hey guys what do you drive? has anyone given any thought to more fuel effiecient vehicles? i currently drive a 04 2500 hd with a utility box that gets 11 in town and 14 mpg on the highway. kind of miss my astro that got 18. maybe i am overeacting but gas is up to 3.25 this weekend and it got me thinking.

Personal or work?

My 20 yr old, 250000+mile Nissan got 28 mpg on the last fillup. Haven't tracked the work van yet, but I know driving habits affect mpg. One guy get good performance out a vehicle, the next, it sucks up gas and starts spending time in front of the garage.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

work
    my thoughts were that the gas costs get passed along to the customer. but with a more efi. vehicle you would be more competitive

I drive personal to work because of the fuel consumption, only 2.5 miles so probably doesn't make much difference.

Now if I had a co and my guys drove 20-30 miles to/from work (me funding perk of driving work vehicle)I'd pay their gas to drive their own vehicles- if they had higher mpg.

tyre pressure has a huge effect on gas millage run as high as a pressure as you are allowed and check frequently
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

I an Econoline 250, I get 12 MPG. 64 gallons a week. 299.9 a gallon its basically two hundred a week in gas.Seems somewhat ridiculous to me.And I am moving 30 miles furhter from the office in a couple of weeks here.

2000 Chevy metro 4 cylinder big 1.3 L engine. 35 MPG. I drive 52 miles round trip to work 6 nights a week, and 60 miles round trip to school (3-4 days a week) fill up the old 10 gallon tank every 3 days....something to think about is your Air filter....people forget to change their car's air filter all the time.
    73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"

Dodge 3500 4x4 dually.
    Cummins diesel gets an average of 16 mpg, or around $ 120.00 a week.

Work van, '01 chevy 4.3 liter (I think). I get around 13-14mpg with it. I fill up ever week and a half to two weeks. Usually around $70 to fill up.

Personal, '00 ford 3/4 ton diesel. 12mpg in town and I've gotten up to 20mpg hiway. Fill it up around once a month or so. That one hurts though, usually $90

I have all my tools and inventory in a little red wagon that I tow behind my moped. I get about 100mpg.

I hear the hybrid prices have spiked, too, since demand suddenly went up.

Hmm I agree with Penquin

Tire pressure is one main key. Have you ever ridden a bicycle with a low tire? Tough isn't it? Then all of the excess weight, not needed, junk ect. I have been tracking mileage for the past year. I saw it drop from 19 to 16 because of a low tire and the junk weight.

Got my tires plumped right up on my 99 Savanah 2500. Still only seeing 14.25 MPG. I keep realy close records of on the computer as well.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2¢.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast