Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 14 to 22 of 22

Thread: I HATE DIY...

  1. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,157
    THERE IS NOT ONE DAMNED word ABOUT THAT O-RING IN THE INSTRUCTIONS!

    If you have to read the instructions......ok , I wont say it


    Dodge didnt tell you about the weak ball joints for quite awile either, well untill people started loosing the front wheels anyway.

    Did they increase the size of the new ball joints or just improve the size that was already in there

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    7,977
    Originally posted by 2hot2coolme
    Just wonderin cause I have a 2001 Dodge Ram pick-up.
    I have a 01' 4X4 1500 series. There's been a lot of complaints concerning the ball joints on the recall site but nothings been done yet.

    Robo, That looks seriously dangerous. Maybe not as bad as it looks but look at that picture and imagine it was somebody else. What would you say to them.

    Considering this was the last time you worked on your truck...

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    St Paul, Minnesota
    Posts
    3,468
    Originally posted by mattm
    Originally posted by 2hot2coolme
    Just wonderin cause I have a 2001 Dodge Ram pick-up.
    I have a 01' 4X4 1500 series. There's been a lot of complaints concerning the ball joints on the recall site but nothings been done yet.

    Robo, That looks seriously dangerous. Maybe not as bad as it looks but look at that picture and imagine it was somebody else. What would you say to them.

    Considering this was the last time you worked on your truck...

    See, that guy chocked his wheel.

  4. #17
    Ya should have called a pro, are there any pros in Hooterville?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

    www.AskTheDiceman.com

    www.TheColdConspiracy.com

    www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

    Bring Em Home....

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,852
    What can I say? I like to live on the edge

    Between the floor jack and the cinder block I figured if I was to be crushed it was meant to be.

    Dodge says to "not" pull the fluid from the converter.

    Yes, there are pros here on the outskirts of Hooterville, but these services are really expensive here and you have to make an appointment 5 days in advance for anything. I figured this was a routine maintenance job. That's what it says in the vehicle manual.

    Don't know what the differences are in the ball joints but there are a lot of new parts on that front end. There were three recalls in all according to the Dodge dealer service manager.

    Oh, I don't feel as bad as I thought I would. Must be in better shape then I thought
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  6. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    chicago suburbs
    Posts
    4,422
    at 170k miles on that trans fluid it might be the only thing keeping the trans together. slip your tire UNDER the truck and buy some jack stands, you cheap ass. if you die NOBODY will defend Goodman on here.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,407
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    I figured this was a routine maintenance job. That's what it says in the vehicle manual.
    How many times have we heard that when we arrived at the customers house.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    burlington county n.j.
    Posts
    9,642
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Originally posted by 2hot2coolme
    What year Dakota? Was the balljoint recall on Dakota's only? Just wonderin cause I have a 2001 Dodge Ram pick-up.
    2000 Dakota Quad.



    There were several recalls that were taken care of while it was in. The recall for the ball joints is 02D47182 D47 ball joint


    damn!!! not only a DIYer but a life threatening hack. wait till the auto repair website gets ahold of that photo!!!

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,407
    Originally posted by t527ed
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Originally posted by 2hot2coolme
    What year Dakota? Was the balljoint recall on Dakota's only? Just wonderin cause I have a 2001 Dodge Ram pick-up.
    2000 Dakota Quad.



    There were several recalls that were taken care of while it was in. The recall for the ball joints is 02D47182 D47 ball joint


    damn!!! not only a DIYer but a life threatening hack. wait till the auto repair website gets ahold of that photo!!!
    Should transfer this picture to the "Walls of Shame"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event