Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I HATE DIY...

THERE IS NOT ONE DAMNED word ABOUT THAT O-RING IN THE INSTRUCTIONS!

If you have to read the instructions......ok , I wont say it

Dodge didnt tell you about the weak ball joints for quite awile either, well untill people started loosing the front wheels anyway.

Did they increase the size of the new ball joints or just improve the size that was already in there

Originally posted by 2hot2coolme
    Just wonderin cause I have a 2001 Dodge Ram pick-up.
    I have a 01' 4X4 1500 series. There's been a lot of complaints concerning the ball joints on the recall site but nothings been done yet.

Robo, That looks seriously dangerous. Maybe not as bad as it looks but look at that picture and imagine it was somebody else. What would you say to them.

Considering this was the last time you worked on your truck...

Originally posted by mattm
    Just wonderin cause I have a 2001 Dodge Ram pick-up.
    I have a 01' 4X4 1500 series. There's been a lot of complaints concerning the ball joints on the recall site but nothings been done yet.

Robo, That looks seriously dangerous. Maybe not as bad as it looks but look at that picture and imagine it was somebody else. What would you say to them.

Considering this was the last time you worked on your truck...

See, that guy chocked his wheel.

Ya should have called a pro, are there any pros in Hooterville?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

What can I say? I like to live on the edge

Between the floor jack and the cinder block I figured if I was to be crushed it was meant to be.

Dodge says to "not" pull the fluid from the converter.

Yes, there are pros here on the outskirts of Hooterville, but these services are really expensive here and you have to make an appointment 5 days in advance for anything. I figured this was a routine maintenance job. That's what it says in the vehicle manual.

Don't know what the differences are in the ball joints but there are a lot of new parts on that front end. There were three recalls in all according to the Dodge dealer service manager.

Oh, I don't feel as bad as I thought I would. Must be in better shape then I thought
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

at 170k miles on that trans fluid it might be the only thing keeping the trans together. slip your tire UNDER the truck and buy some jack stands, you cheap ass. if you die NOBODY will defend Goodman on here.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    I figured this was a routine maintenance job. That's what it says in the vehicle manual.
    How many times have we heard that when we arrived at the customers house.

What year Dakota? Was the balljoint recall on Dakota's only? Just wonderin cause I have a 2001 Dodge Ram pick-up.
    2000 Dakota Quad.

There were several recalls that were taken care of while it was in. The recall for the ball joints is 02D47182 D47 ball joint

damn!!! not only a DIYer but a life threatening hack. wait till the auto repair website gets ahold of that photo!!!

Originally posted by t527ed
    What year Dakota? Was the balljoint recall on Dakota's only? Just wonderin cause I have a 2001 Dodge Ram pick-up.
    2000 Dakota Quad.

There were several recalls that were taken care of while it was in. The recall for the ball joints is 02D47182 D47 ball joint

damn!!! not only a DIYer but a life threatening hack. wait till the auto repair website gets ahold of that photo!!!
    Should transfer this picture to the "Walls of Shame"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12