Question

Hope someone can help with any recommendations on replacement with comparable size.I had two compressors replaced in 5 years.

model and serial #'s?

Tech2000 is the shape you need model numbers, then you need someone to determine why the compressors are failing because the replacement unit will fail for the same reason.

Smile

Sorry about that.Model is 38YRA048300 / Serial is 1894E5700

Could it be moisture in the system?

4 ton (48000 btu) system. could be any number of things. its too easy to sit here and take guesses. you need a good tech to come out and look into the system

Smile

Thanks mates!I'll take your advice.

As Todd said it could be a million different things. A tech needs to evaluate the system and repair the shortcomings or the next compressor will also die the same untimely death. That unit is only 5 years old.

Can I ask was the indoor unit also replaced when this unit was installed?

Doc beat me to the question regarding the other part of the system. You may have problems that are unrelated to the outdoor unit, compressor, etc. and until you have the system evaluated first-hand by a qualified service tech then you are really fishing in the dark for a solution. None of us can offer one anyway, since we don't try to diagnose sight unseen. Good luck.
    Everyone has a purpose in life..........even if it's to be a bad example.

Seek first to understand, before seeking to be understood.

That unit is actually 11yrs. old.
    WHY?

Smile

The first failure was with one year left on warranty.I called a tech out and they replaced the compressor under warranty.That was two years ago.The unit worked perfect up and until the first failure.I'm just looking for suggestions on what type of replacement unit would be good for the carrier tech 2000(I might replace the inside unit if needed.Thanks for all your help!!

Your history is not making any sense. Sorry, but you originally said you had two compressors replaced in 5 years. Then later you state the first failure was two years ago with one year left on the warranty. That would coincide with special ed's determination the unit was 11 years old. Sounds like it had a ten year compressor warranty. So where did the second compressor replacement come in? Trying to get a feel for the chronological history so I and others might advise you correctly. Please clarify.
    Everyone has a purpose in life..........even if it's to be a bad example.

Seek first to understand, before seeking to be understood.

I must apologise for the confussion.There was only one compressor replaced.It has faild after only two years.