+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are YOU prepared?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by ct2
    condenseddave
    Professional Member

It's tourist season, but they won't let me shoot 'em.

All you need is a tourist tag Dave....and a good taxidermist
    Hard to find a taxadermist who will stuff a yankee
    73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"

Post Likes

Talking Be prepared !

Tent, lanterns,water,cots,candles,boots,fishing equipment.Knife,cateens,stove,cups,thermos.

Maps of north america,compass,SKS,shotgun,500rounds 7.63
    9mm glock 200 rounds.

And the will to survive,at any cost.

Post Likes
    I am prepared too. I have an extra case of beer in the shed and some good weed hidden in my underwear drawer.
    I should have been a boy scout.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes

Re: Be prepared !

Originally posted by aircooled53
    Tent, lanterns,water,cots,candles,boots,fishing equipment.Knife,cateens,stove,cups,thermos.

Maps of north america,compass,SKS,shotgun,500rounds 7.63
    9mm glock 200 rounds.

And the will to survive,at any cost.

You have watched Red Dawn one too many times.

Just bsing ya. I got credit,cash and insurance. Plus I can barter for my skills. And if some crap hit the fan, even though I QUIT, I got some gonga for medicinal use for coping with the stress of it all.

Now if it became so uncivilized where cash, credit or insurance did not matter, I still got the weed so, it's all good. .

Actually all joking aside. This is serious shit for these people. No job left, if they were not with some cash, alot of credit cards and insured I feel for them. I have nmo clue what they are going to do.

[Edited by Dowadudda on 09-03-2005 at 05:41 PM]

Post Likes
    Aircooled the SKS is nice...we got a chinese one and a Romainian AK47....my 15yr old daughter and wifee poo think they are Rap stars with them.....more danger of being hit by flying brass than a bullet
    73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Diceman
    I am prepared too. I have an extra case of beer in the shed and some good weed hidden in my underwear drawer.
    Lets see, beer under the stairs, beer in the camper, beer in the fridge, beer in the garage.
    Weed goes in the tool kit.

Post Likes
    Tornadoes ot terrorist attacks on nuclear towers, are the big voncern here, I don't do anything about either tIf a tornadoe hits , it is very violent but the damage is usually contained to a small area so supplies would not be very far anyway.If there is a nuclear attack I dont think I would be able to outrun it, so why bother preparing.

Post Likes
    My experience is you need to prepare for three weeks.

Two of the wierdest things to make sure you have, a car charger for your cell phone and a fly swatter.

Make sure you have your tetnus shots up to date.

The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Post Likes

It's tourist season, but they won't let me shoot 'em.

ah yeh New Yorker's in their Jag's and Hummers. hey preseason you're aloud to use red or yellow paintballs.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Diceman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I better go buy more beer

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Collin
    Originally posted by condenseddave

Shortwave radio, batteryless. (Is that a word???)

I won't tell Norm just in case.
    Seriously, is the radio crank operated?

I noticed without being notified

Post Likes
    installed emergency lighting in some rooms,wired in a 3500 watt genny to my CB panel,and am going to tap into that on the garage run a converter for 2500 watts(car 12V to 115V)for those short term outages.in the future i will tee off the gas line feed to the genny and just put a line into the truck to tap that gas if needed.
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Post Likes
    Damn I was going to say where do you live Palistine, or Baghdad,

New York thats Ground Zero

Damn you need a fallout shelter and enough beer for 6 months

Post Likes
    to really know what yer gonna need is to go live with some folks in a third world country for a week or so and THEN you will realise what is necessary and what is merley fluff.

unless you live with a group community like the Minnonites or some folks who are totally family oriented in some remote regions of rural states ... one of the biggest issues with survival is going to be self defense for your family members.

This is if you live in a highly concentrated populous.

Post Likes
    I'm finally getting those T shirts printed.
    What's your address......
    I dont have a mailbox yet

I'm living in a shop ...Nuff said, stop makin fun of me...
    You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

Post Likes
    Yesterday, we updated our earthquake kit. We have K rations, enough fresh water for a week (jugs are good for two years), water purification tablets, flashlights, emergency blankets, tool kit, first aid kit etc.
    We also have our camper with 110 watts of solar power and propane fridge if it makes it through a quake.
    Can you last a week?
    I am sure you have a few barbeques as well
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Post Likes
    Originally posted by R12rules
    to really know what yer gonna need is to go live with some folks in a third world country for a week or so and THEN you will realise what is necessary and what is merley fluff.

unless you live with a group community like the Minnonites or some folks who are totally family oriented in some remote regions of rural states ... one of the biggest issues with survival is going to be self defense for your family members.

Mennonites own cars and have internet access these days.

Post Likes
    one of the biggest issues with survival is going to be self defense for your family members.

When we were without power after the blizzard a few years back, it actually brought our community together.
    There was NO gun fire whatsoever.
    Kind of scary how things can go, 9 11 seemed to bring you guys together, hurricane Katrina brought chaos and anarchy.

Post Likes
    ...... one of the biggest issues with survival is going to be self defense for your family members.

When faced with a disaster where it's every man for himself it makes no difference who you are or where you live. It comes down those who have and those who don't.

I never owned a gun in my life until after going through a mass evacuation of my area for Hurricane Floyd. It was clear that when in dire straits people become desperate. I knew that to protect my family and property after the storm I needed a deterrent as well as an effective weapon, so I got a Mossberg 18" 12GA pump.........what we used to call a riot gun.

I hope I never have to use it.

Post Likes
    DO NOT LET YOUR COUNTRY TAKE AWAY YOUR GUNS

DO NOT LET YOUR COUNTRY TAKE AWAY YOUR GUN

Pack an emergency kit and extra clothes in your car if you live north of the Mason Dixon line.

Post Likes
    I got some beer.
    R2B4BTU

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in