Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compassion

Senior Tech Guest
    I keep hearing people complain about racism, favortism and overall attitudes of the people suffering from the hurricane, I have a suggestion. How about we get back to the basic fundamentals of life, we go there or help those that need it without judging them and let the judgements go back to the only one that has the right to judge?
    We sit on the outside and look in at the devastation that has taken place and then judge how the victims react to it, who gave us the right? Now, I'm not talking about the looters or common idiots, we all know they will get theirs when the time is right. We say, "They were told to evacuate", perhaps they didn't have the resources, or were not healthy enough to or just couldn't. My point is this, this disaster is no different than anything in life, it happens and now we have to deal with it, how we choose to do that is up to us, look in from the outside and complain about the way they are handling it or jump in and show compassion and help any way you can and if the only way you can help is by being a decent human being and displaying some degree of compassion then so be it. Just don't be one of the many cancers we already have and start condemning an entire race of people or everyone in the city for being there when this disaster happened.

I agree!

But it's hard to help people shooting at you and not excepting responsibility for their own situation. We need to learn from this and stop paying people to eat, **** and complain. Help them now, ***** slap them later. What happened in New Orleans was a total failure on the part of New Orleans and the State of Louisiana.

My grand Father told me something when I was very young. Son, run up to a dog that has been hit by a car with caution. A injured dog tends to bite helping hands. It's the same way with people and relationships.

Originally posted by James 3528
    I agree!

But it's hard to help people shooting at you and not excepting responsibility for their own situation. We need to learn from this and stop paying people to eat, **** and complain. Help them now, ***** slap them later. What happened in New Orleans was a total failure on the part of New Orleans and the State of Louisiana.

My grand Father told me something when I was very young. Son, run up to a dog that has been hit by a car with caution. A injured dog tends to bite helping hands. It's the same way with people and relationships.
    It was from the federal level on down James, I voted for GW to so dont try playing that card. Its really easy for alot of yall to make assumptions, come here, see what is really going on, for one that complains how biased the media is you really are sucking up what they are feeding you and not only you but many on this site, yes this is general discussion, yeah people share their opinions but if anyone can only comment about what they see on the national news, or what they "think" without seeing the facts, without knowing the facts, there are alot more weakminded people on this site then what I thought.

P.S. thanks for the kind words tech
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Maybe this time next wek I'll understand what you wrote. I don't see WTF this has to do with who you voted for or card playing.

Then Suffer. Be miserable. Unless you can scrape up some dignity and realize the truth.

You have no clue what your talking about. In the final analasys, the record will show a complete collapse of the political process from inept, inadequate and corrupt local and state leadership. From preventing something like this, to implementing a mass evacuation, to rescue and recover. Matter of fact, state and local leadership will resign before even being allowed to start rebuilding.

So George Bush, it's all his fault. Thats just irrational, and shows that you are ignorant of how the system works, how it is even established and set up to begin with, in a legal, political and operational way. The reason why your seeing progress now, is because the federal government, the president and his cabinent along with your armed forces have taken over, taken the responsibility away from your local and state leadership. Your state and local officials failed you. Not your president. He is fixing it.

Stare at the picture. Keep saying those busses that could of taken everyone out, not moving was GW's fault. Keep saying that living below sea level with a Hurricane on top of you and staying was GW's fault. I think I did the math yesterday and one line of those buses could of moved 2,050 people in one trip to high ground. And there is no telling how many there are that are not in the picture.

Originally posted by Dowadudda
    Then Suffer. Be miserable. Unless you can scrape up some dignity and realize the truth.

You have no clue what your talking about. In the final analasys, the record will show a complete collapse of the political process from inept, inadequate and corrupt local and state leadership. From preventing something like this, to implementing a mass evacuation, to rescue and recover. Matter of fact, state and local leadership will resign before even being allowed to start rebuilding.

So George Bush, it's all his fault. Thats just irrational, and shows that you are ignorant of how the system works, how it is even established and set up to begin with, in a legal, political and operational way. The reason why your seeing progress now, is because the federal government, the president and his cabinent along with your armed forces have taken over, taken the responsibility away from your local and state leadership. Your state and local officials failed you. Not your president. He is fixing it.
    I didnt say it was all Bushs fault it was everyones fault from point A to point Z, progress, we are seeing no progress, its the same old song and dance, you are so ate up with your own rhetoric it makes me sick, Dow how long have you been in Louisiana since this has happened? Will state leadership resign? No, why should the resign when it was a failure at every level?

Scrape up some dignity? What so I can act like you crap spewing fools.

James, Dow, believe what you want, because obviously truth and facts mean nothing to either one of yall, be thankful CNN or Fox News doesnt read your posts, because the next big story would be how this site is filled with fools.

[Edited by joey791 on 09-03-2005 at 03:34 PM]

The picture of the buses just about says all the facts.

Originally posted by James 3528

Stare at the picture. Keep saying those busses that could of taken everyone out, not moving was GW's fault. Keep saying that living below sea level with a Hurricane on top of you and staying was GW's fault. I think I did the math yesterday and one line of those buses could of moved 2,050 people in one trip to high ground. And there is no telling how many there are that are not in the picture.
    Yeah and you pretty much stink at math James, Im happy you have a picture of buses you repeatedly post time and time again.

Saturday at 4:00 pm Contraflow was put into effect where all interstate lanes were used for people to leave New Orleans, estimates say there were 1.3 to 1.5 million people if not more in New Orleans when the mandatory evacuation was issued, lets be generous and say that 1 million people had a way to get out of New Orleans, leaving us 500,000, I will also be generous and say they start moving your buses at the same time that contraflow is enacted, as per your math lets say(being generous again), we can move 30,000 people a trip. With Contraflow inacted the closest "safe" place was Baton Rouge which averaged to be a 6 to 12 hour trip from New Orleans, again being generous I will say 4 hours. That gives us 6 trips a day even though the buses cant return because with Contraflow they cant go back to New Orleans, but for your sake we will forget that little detail.

6 trips times 30,000 people is 180,000 people which brings us to 4pm the next day, Sunday, lets be generous again for you James and say while this hurricane is going on(major winds were being felt at midnight Sunday and people really couldnt move around) that the buses are still running full steam, forget the flood waters and everything, James' buses are going through it!!!! The evacuation with James' buses runs through the hurricane, through impassable land until 4pm Monday(after the hurricane), another 180,000 people.

We started off with 500,000 people, thanks to James' little magic buses we were able to get 360,000 people out, that only leaves 140,000 people left stranded.

Thats a good job James keep posting your bus picture
    You get
    A for effort
    C for math
    F for intellegence

Joey,

I have about 3 hurricanes of experience and 2 times in combat, as a Combat Enginneer. I am completely in the know of what the military capability and capacity is, I know exactly the protocol their following as we speak. I understand how the process needs to work for the military to be asked for their assitance. I know how long that process takes. Your local governement screwed this up.

I don't think you know how this is all suippose to work so it is only natural that your reaction right now is what it is. But as time goes on, your going to see. You have no answers to your questions. I have lived the experience.

Joey,

Listen, I have respect for you, and listen if we don't agree with this, so what. I think we can find solid ground on superheat and subcooling right?

That said, just about where are you located and did you get whallopped. I mean as a guy in the biz down there, when you do get the chance to start remaking New Orleans, boy your going to be busy. Have you, your coworkers or fellow techs thought about that yet.

I beleive this place will be redone and it will be better than ever.

Could not delete post

[Edited by joey791 on 09-03-2005 at 04:32 PM]

I don't know, cause I always jumped out of C130's.

Did you see the very last post I posted. Can we shake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast