Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cuba has offered to sen 1100 doctors to help, just waiting for the word from the US

What are the chances thats taken?

Tyrants .....

....do not have red hearts, they have black...tell Him NO!

People get old, people die. Castro is old....

let's not start refusing help. That would make us really sound arrogant to the rest of the world and would be fodder for terrorist backers.

You neglected to add that 26 tons of medicines come with the doctors.

One day we are going to have to open relations with Cuba. It would be in our best interests to do so, so why refuse help at a time like this.

Accepting aid from Cuba, is no different then accepting it from Japan, Germany, or Italy.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Hey maybe some of the Cuban doctors would want to stay. That would be a good thing.
    Saddle Up!

Doctors in Cuba have to subsidize their income with second jobs in the tourist trade. I cannot imagine Castro really letting these professionals have the chance to be able to defect.

Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

If those Cuban doctors do come here you can bet that the Cuban government officials will threaten harm to their families if they try to defect.

It's a humanitarian gesture from Cuba to the people of the affected Gulf region that we should accept. Put the politics aside.

That would be interesting , now Castro dresses up 1100 of his worst criminal eliment in doctors uniforms and sends them here. Now how would you ever be able to diferentiate them from the looters and theives running around N.O right now? Oh well it wont be that bad in louisiana being a lot of the criminal eliment will be in texas and everywhere else soon. It will be interesting in a few years to see what happens to the other states social service programs.

[Edited by dec on 09-03-2005 at 08:22 PM]

1100 spies. He is no dummy. He just thinks he's smarter than we are.

Originally posted by Dowadudda
    Spies????????? Get Real.

So you think it's not even possible I take it?

Originally posted by Dowadudda

Ok I usually try to stay out of these chats because I don’t understand most of you that blame bush/Clinton/brown or hell anyone else for everything that happens

But for god sakes man spies???? When will they have time to take notes or pics? They will be loaded down with work trying to help citizens of the United States

Yes we should take the help we should take any help we can get why is it that we should be the ones to help everyone else and refuse when we truly need it

and on a separate note I do not like G.W. either BUT he is my president and yours I teach my kids the he should be respected as long as he is president probably the same way most of you were taught but lots of you lost site in respect

Why waste my breath, go on with hating everyone and placing blame on people that couldn’t possibly be held accountable if it makes you sleep better at night

Dow that last part was not directed at you

I agree that we should accept aid from Cuba. Maybe we could actually end this sillines with Castro before he dies.

If Castro is serious, and he does send this help, New Orleans would be getting very dedicated medical help. The one and only thing that Castro has done well for Cubans is the medical issue.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast