Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    lmao this made my day

Quote Originally Posted by whoward View Post
    Is this guy crazy!!!!!!!!!!!

The oils are different, the pressures are different, and the copper used to make the coils is different. Never let this close to anyone you care about ever again.

We cannot even use the same gauges with these two refrigerants because of the differences. This is so crazy it is almost absurd!!
    Some mfr's haven't changed the copper.
    We are having problems with R410a systems leaking. They include Lennox, Amana and ADP.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    With those two common gases, he would be in the wrong.

But EPA does allow you to mix,if and only if you can't get your hands on the original refrigerant.
    NEVER heard that ?? could you please post that EPA Reg.

Not being a $mart a$$ just NEVER heard EPA state anything like that and would like to see that reg form EPA

THanks
    If you help others then you are a Success

Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    NEVER heard that ?? could you please post that EPA Reg.

Not being a $mart a$$ just NEVER heard EPA state anything like that and would like to see that reg form EPA

THanks
    http://www.epa.gov/ozone/snap/refrig.../reftrans.html

75% R-134a
    25% R-32 & R-125 = R-410 =R-407D
    FEN

http://www.epa.gov/ozone/snap/refrig.../reftrans.html

75% R-134a
    25% R-32 & R-125 = R-410 =R-407D
    OK I now understand what you thinking, however I don't believe in fact I thought EPA forbid what I call field mixing.

Are you say EPA allows this??? is so could you show that reg.

I would like to see reg and be able to show quote it to an EPA Rep for clarification. This would be be nice Infor to have on hand.

Thanks

I thought ASHRAE was the entity in charge of approving refrigerants blends. as far as I know EPA is more or less another layer of government bureaucrats gathered under the pretenses of protecting the environment.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacpope View Post
    I thought ASHRAE was the entity in charge of approving refrigerants blends. as far as I know EPA is more or less another layer of government bureaucrats gathered under the pretenses of protecting the environment.
    ASHRAE is a professional Society it has No legal or Regulatory authority.

EPA,or other Federal, State, or local agencies/authorities my choice to Use/adopted ASHRAE reg it a law or code.

EPA's authority over Refrigerants and other things is base on it's Environment impact
    concering it's Manufacturing, Use, storage, disposal or destruction.

OK I now understand what you thinking, however I don't believe in fact I thought EPA forbid what I call field mixing.

Are you say EPA allows this??? is so could you show that reg.

I would like to see reg and be able to show quote it to an EPA Rep for clarification. This would be be nice Infor to have on hand.

Thanks
    That is the regulation due to the OEM refigerant is not availible on the local markets.

Its use is for medical refrigeration used on a import on the high stage of a cascade -86F unit. Even the Alpha Phase for low stage is extremely difficult to get.
    FEN

ASHRAE is a professional Society it has No legal or Regulatory authority.

EPA,or other Federal, State, or local agencies/authorities my choice to Use/adopted ASHRAE reg it a law or code.
    Have you seeing the EPA swat teams storming the houses of illegal refrigerant mixers?
    EPA is far more irrelevant than ASHRAE and all their mumbo jumbo is based on ASHRAE recommendations, I know ASHRAE has no regulatory authority although their standards and guidelines are followed by many including EPA.

That is the regulation due to the OEM refigerant is not availible on the local markets.

Its use is for medical refrigeration used on a import on the high stage of a cascade -86F unit. Even the Alpha Phase for low stage is extremely difficult to get.
    Interesting you you by chance know the EPA Reg ?

Like to have that on record at the office in Refig Log and P & P manuals

Quote Originally Posted by hvacpope View Post
    Have you seeing the EPA swat teams storming the houses of illegal refrigerant mixers?
    EPA is far more irrelevant than ASHRAE and all their mumbo jumbo is based on ASHRAE recommendations, I know ASHRAE has no regulatory authority although their standards and guidelines are followed by many including EPA.
    Actualy I have know of EPA to Nail fines and some big one, I think of them a lot like OHSA, I don't want to pi$$ them off and have them get a bug up there but with me.

That's nuts! The two refrigerants dont even use the same oil!!! Its people like that that give us all a bad name.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast