Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Post Likes
    I am doing a very small house (low income something like a Habitat for Humanity house) and in each of the 3 bedrooms (11'x9') the windows are offset to one side of the 11' wall, I guess for better furniture location. My question is should i also consider just placing the supply under window so that it will not be covered by furniture or just center it up on that wall so that the throw is equal or does it really matter? If I place under window it will be about 16"-24" off of one wall and another 8 feet to the other.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Post Likes
    place under window to offset heat loss at that [most likely point].
    Some people swear by me and some at me

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Post Likes
    You want to treat the areas of infiltration.

    Where will your infiltraction be.
    The window ? Or the wall ?
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Post Likes
    close to the window which usually has the highest heat loss | gain
    & direct that air onto the window & wall
    you will get good results if each bdrm has a return vent into the hall -- I put one out of my closet in 3 bdrm, one above the door in the fourth. since I did not want to have a large gap below my door.

    BTW, the master bdrm is setup for Shelter- in- Place against hazardous vapors from a chemical spill, etc.
    harvest rainwater,make SHADE,R75/50/30= roof/wall/floor, use HVAC mastic,caulk all wall seams!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.