Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tracer summit

Angry

HELP. Frustrated with Tranes restrictions on summit training. Anyone have training materials or leads. Thanks

Have you read the summit manuals?
    They are actually fairly detailed and not bad.
    If you do not have access to manuals, then repost here. I think I have version 16 manuals kicking around somewhere.

tracer summit

amigo, thank you for your reply. The manuals are not available at the property. Honestly, I don't know the tracer summit version either. However, I would be interested in any literature that you might have.

No problem,
    I believe version 16 is the latest so it should also cover whatever version you have but might show/discuss more features.

Try to cover the easy parts, then get into other areas.

To Download manuals:

Goto:
    http://www.mail.yahoo.com

yahoo id = dapperhvac
    password = hvactalk

check the inbox

Dapper, sorry for stealing your name, it is for a good cause though

summit

Hi gto,
    If you have a worstation with tracer summit loaded on it, the manuals are loaded on the computer as well. Go to start, programs, tracer summit. The manuals should be in that drop down in pdf. If you are maintenance personnel, you should be able to get training through St. Paul BAS facility. Hope that helps a little.

tracer summit

amigo,

Thank you for the manuals. Very much appreciated. GTO

Tracer Summit

Heatmizer,

Thank you for your time. I contacted ST. Paul BAS and inquired about the summit classes. I was told that the advanced classes ( Summit 101 - 103 ) are only available to Trane employee's and Trane Authorized contractors. However, the general operating system class is offered to building engineer's. I am interested in the 101 - 103 classes. I feel that these classes would establish a solid understanding of the Tracer Summit BAS system allowing me to service my customers more effectively. Anyway , thanks again. This site is amazing and greatly appreciated.

gto,

I understand the frustration of having to deal with multiple control systems when you work in the service world. We definitely cannot understand all of them and most companies are tight on their training. I work for a Trane dealer and have been through their training. Now that you have access to the manuals, you will be able to find much of what is taught in the training classes. The manuals are easy to read and fairly thorough. Remember, whenever you are looking at a Summit system at the workstation, you've got the manuals on that computer. They load with Summit. Also, use the help button when in Summit, the explainations can be a little confusing at times but, they have cleared things up for me.

Good luck my friend.

amigo, feel free to use that mailbox whenever you are going to send literature. Literature is my best friend. In fact, I was going to suggest that you sent the Summit lit there so I could share in the wealth as well. Thanks for all that you do.
    Dan

SUmmit 101

I have the Summit 101 Powerpoint presentation for the class on CD ROM. Email if you would like a copy.
    Jeff F.
    www.vfdhelp.com
    VFD, HVAC Motors and Manufacture Assistance.

jslimjeff,

I would really appreciate a copy of the tracer summit class, however I do not have your e-mail address. Please let me know. thanks, gto

hey guys , i've got tracer summit setup in nyc.got one vav that's taking off on me, meaning it's not modulating properly. vav is staying 100% open within 2 degrees of setpoint and even below setpoint for that matter, this is the only one doing that. i also found out that all settings and setpoints have been changed, i just want to have some good lit. so i don't waste nay more time , any help would be appreciated.

Wow, you should have started a new thread.

Sounds like the configuration is screwed up. If you look in the editor there are various settings for the VAV controller. The Summit books won't help you much with determining how they should be set. How about you get the model number of the VAV box in question and screenshots of the editor pages in Summit. Then maybe I might have a better idea of what's wrong and offer an approach to resolution. If not then you might want to verify the settings. Usually someone rolls the wheel on their mouse and changes the unit type.

-kw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast