+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Answer me this...

Post Likes
    Some of you arm chair quarterbacks that have never served in the military or know what the "posse comitatus" law is and want to criticizes the Federal Government in the response to the hurricane. Answer me this, why didn't New Orleans deploy these?

Post Likes
    Because no one plans ahead. They all just hope it doesnt hit that bad. You would think that if your whole city is below sea level that those levies would be checked/upgraded before every hurrican season. New Orleans is at fault for not thinking a head not the military.

Post Likes

The mayor

Is sh$t for brains!! Related to GW!!

Post Likes
    New Orleans at fault ?

Isn't that the Army Corp of Engineers group that handles that stuff ?

Post Likes
    The Army Corps drives those Buses?

Post Likes
    Handles what? Maintaining every city in the U.S. incase a hurrican hits? Bush can't watch and protect every city in the US from every thing that could hurt them. Thats why we have Mayors and Govenors. We delegate the responsibilities so all these details are taken care of. I think to much focus has been spent on food,beads,and breasts. Who was watching the city, maintaining the city, and planning for emergencys like this. This is what they get paid for. This is the main reason they exist.

Post Likes
    I'm kind of mystified by that, too. I live 800 miles north of there and I spent all last weekend watching this storm advance-up to 2-3 AM on Monday, I don't know how much more warning they could get-they got three days more than the Tsunami victims.
    Wouldn't it have been easier to evacuate without all the floods in the way?
    What exactly was the disaster plan for the city?
    This is the best their mayor could do for them?

It is a tragedy that certain individuals certainly have the wherewithal and stamina to loot and create violence, but "had no options to leave the area".

It is also a tragedy that many helpless people are stuck behind this wall of ignorance and blamethrowing, people who truly had no options-the time for them was last weekend, and they are now just prisoners.

I don't want to feel that "it's their fault for staying in harm's way", but I also don't want to hear that help isn't coming fast enough. There are no precedents for this scope of disaster-most hurricanes don't include a extended flooding period. As bad as Florida's record is, at least the water dropped and rebuilding could start.
    I have yet to hear how the spread of various waterborne bacteria such as typhoid and cholera are being contained or prevented. It is just a matter of time before we have an epidemic of disease from the debris, corpses, human waste and other components sitting in warm, stagnant water. Is there any quarantine in place for the movement of the survivors? I haven't heard of it.

Post Likes

This thread and couple others

Are headed to the ARP quickly!!

Post Likes
    I agree that the fault lies with the state of louisiana for not making the residence aware of the severity of the situation, and by not offerning a means to get out for the people less fortunate (ie the buses). Also, with all cities with high crime rates, there should have been some thought to how to handle situations where evactuation was necessary in the neighborhoods where anarchy was just waiting for and opportunity order to prevent the murders, rapes and looting that has occured. I also have to say that the citizens are also at fault. The aftermath however is pathetic and the fac that those lunatics are thinking that this storm gave them the right to make their own rules is a disgrace. I think shoot first ask quesitons later. Anyone with the mindset the looters and gangbangers have isn't very useful for society.

Post Likes

41 x 50

41 buses in one line. And this is just what we can see in the picture. One line has 41 buses in it. 50 people on a bus I estimate. 2,050 people moved at one time. Just one line of buses

Post Likes
    Has anyone heard an answer yet as to what happened to the 3 million+ that was given to his honor the mayor, to develop a stragetic plan in case a situation like this happened? Anyone asking? It is of course much easier to blame anyone and everyone else. I agree, that is part of the Mayor's responsibility; after all it is His city. Gee......I wonder what happened to the cash? How about it Mayor?
    Everyone has a purpose in life..........even if it's to be a bad example.

Seek first to understand, before seeking to be understood.

Post Likes
    Considering gambling is legal... who knows.
    Really there are many places the blame can be placed, however the people who can actually do something to get the situtation under control need to quit pointing their fingers and get off their butts and start doing something. The political fighting going on here is not much better then the fighting in the streets. Who cares who is at fault just get it fixed...

Post Likes
    Whatever happened to "PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY"?

Post Likes

Hmm

But who would pay for the gas? Pay the drivers? Whose budget would it come out of? What about liability insurance, if a person slipped getting in or off? Man, the meetings and committees that would have to be formed and held to answer all these questions.

The problem: Bean counters and lawyers. Common sense people are afraid to move or do anything. I think we should blame the lawyers. Yeah, the lawyers, that's it.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by ipic
    Really there are many places the blame can be placed, however the people who can actually do something to get the situtation under control need to quit pointing their fingers and get off their butts and start doing something. The political fighting going on here is not much better then the fighting in the streets. Who cares who is at fault just get it fixed...
    Very good point . As much as I liked New Orleans....lets face it. It wasn't far from being a Sodom & Gomorrah.

Let's not lose focus that other places were hit harder

Post Likes
    So what is being done in the other states? Are they having the same issues, or is it just that New Orleans is so used to freedom from typical laws, that now they just threw it all out the window. You know as sad and heartless as this sounds, I think this will be good for that state in the far future. I am not knocking NO completely I have spent plenty of time on Bourbon St and have the beads to prove it, but come on think of all the crap tht went on there. Crooked politicians go back forever and the legal system is just the same. (I knwo a cop from there) I agree about the concerns with liability I am sure thatplayed a part in somethings. We as people have become accustomed to living with in boundries and heaven forbid us to step out side of them and our viewpoints for the greater good of mankind. It comes down to whether or not we will benefit from things or not. If we don;t then we stay in our boundaries. It comes back to selfishness and the willingness to look the other way.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by James 3528
    Some of you arm chair quarterbacks that have never served in the military or know what the "posse comitatus" law is and want to criticizes the Federal Government in the response to the hurricane. Answer me this, why didn't New Orleans deploy these?

I moved a bit inland before Ivan hit. One of the last things I did as I bailed out was to park one vehicle on the highest land I could find, and took the other vehicle to where we road out the storm.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Post Likes
    Originally posted by ipic
    Very good point . As much as I liked New Orleans....lets face it. It wasn't far from being a Sodom & Gomorrah.

Let's not lose focus that other places were hit harder
    Except God would have spared those cities for the sake of one good person.

The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Post Likes
    The hospital gets their share of school buses and the Sheriff to move the prisoners The rest goes to Emergency Management for evac. The school board welcomes this because they don't have to move those buses and they won't lay damaged and water logged like the New Orleans buses you see in the picture. I guess we take these things more serious and plan for it.

Post Likes

Does this mean

Let's not lose focus that other places were hit harder [/B]
    That the pentagon was hit on 9-11 because we are an evil empire??? Some peoples children like yourself have no clue!!! SHEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

[Edited by rob10 on 09-02-2005 at 08:05 PM]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in