+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A reply about the New Orleans post

Post Likes
    This was posted by me in a Christian Forum I belong too, after seeing some of the posts here I felt I needed to post it here too, I just got electricity yesterday and internet today.

We got beat down pretty good with the wind, got electricity last nite, never thought about using the internet at work, sorry for all those who were worrying, but we are ok, Praise God.

BUT, dont believe the hype, yes there are some(and I mean some)bad people in New Orleans, just like any other town, BUT what the national news is not showing is the churches locally that are housing a thousand people, the churches that is cooking 5000 meals for lunch and 5000 for supper, the churches that are cooking 8000 meals for lunch and 8000 for supper, the people that are walking into shelters, grabbing a family and bringing them home so they have an actual home to stay in.

It makes me furious and it makes me sad, yes there are bad people here like anyone else, but there are alot of people with love in their heart too.

We may be backwoods, we may be coonies, but we are not trash, we are not all drugheads, we are not all looters and we are not all fools.

Please pray for the people of New Orleans, a very few stayed just to loot, thousands more stayed because they had no way out, its absolutely horrible, there are breakdowns at all levels of the government from federal to local, no one ever planned for an emergency of this size, nobody. These people were neglected at all levels and now the young, the elderly, the sick are paying the price. If yall only knew how many problems they are having, how little the number of people are being rescued everyday when many, many more could be saved, it is horrible. We can go half way across the world, destroy a country and completely rebuild it but we cant save our own people, fellow Americans, fellow Louisianans, its a disgrace and a shame. Americans should not die or suffer like these people are doing.

We appreciate all states that have welcomed the people of New Orleans and we appreciate all that are lending a helping hand.

Joey
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Post Likes

Great post joey

And not all people on this forum are buttwipes like some portray. This is a disaster of mega proportion. America needs to pull together so that we may show the world that we still are the greatest nation on earth.

Post Likes
    God be with you and yours Joey.

We are thinking of you.

Some of these boys just don't realize they are being heard.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2¢.

Post Likes
    For the record I am a resident of Denham Springs(just outside Baton Rouge), not a resident of New Orleans, Im just someone that is here speaking for those that cant speak for themselves at this time

Post Likes

HEY joey

Any thoughts on what your company is going to contribute to the effort?

Post Likes

Nicholas Cage

Just donated 1 million to the cause.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by joey791
    For the record I am a resident of Denham Springs(just outside Baton Rouge), not a resident of New Orleans, Im just someone that is here speaking for those that cant speak for themselves at this time
    Glad to hear you are okay joey, it took me a few days to get through to friends up in your neck of the woods.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Post Likes
    Glad to hear you are ok Joey. Don't take everything you read here personally, as for my posts they are from what I see on the news, hear on the radio and read from the information sites on the web. They are not directed to any one person but to the many that are doing wrong. I know for for every bad person there is, there are 20 to do good. God Bless you and keep us informed.

Post Likes
    Joey, I would like to make a monetary contribution but like most people I don't trust the Red Cross. I was thinking the Salvation Army. But your Church sounds like they are on the front lines.

Could you email me your Church's address and I'll get a check off. I have a link to my email on my website and its in my profile.

Our Prayers to all of you down there.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by workhorse
    Glad to hear you are ok Joey. Don't take everything you read here personally, as for my posts they are from what I see on the news, hear on the radio and read from the information sites on the web. They are not directed to any one person but to the many that are doing wrong. I know for for every bad person there is, there are 20 to do good. God Bless you and keep us informed.

Very well put. Keep us informed and provide some links to news articles that show this side of the story.

I started a thread hoping to get other views as the main networks seem to be focused on the evacuees that have not been cared for, and very little on stories like you mentioned.

Post Likes
    Friends,

Forgive us for the delay in communicating with each of you. As you know, Louisiana is in an enduring state of emergency! Unlike other natural disasters, this one continues to grow. Homes, churches and cities have been lost!

Thankfully, our staff and immediate families are now accounted for and safe. Our homes, offices, and communications systems…were not so fortunate. The internet connection at our office is not operational and our downtown office has been negatively affected by disgruntled, displaced fellow citizens. Our staff, however, is alive and well fed!

The Task

The relief effort before us is a task of biblical proportions, profoundly exceeding each of our capabilities—unless we are organized—and organize we shall.

The generosity and good will of Louisianians has overtaken us. Now we will endeavor to channel these resources.

Please pray for our elected officials who are now tested by these untenable situations—President Bush, Governor Kathleen Blanco, U.S. Senators David Vitter and Mary Landrieu, our U.S. Congressmen, and local elected officials, law enforcement, military and relief organizations. Starting Monday, and following weekly throughout the relief and rebuilding of Louisiana, we have designated these days of prayer and fasting. You may decide to fast a meal, a day, or some other means. Please see our Intercessors for Louisiana Prayer Alert. This is just a short list and there is much to pray about.

Headed by Pastor Dino Rizzo and coordinated by Pastors Jacob Aranza and Steve Robinson—the LFF PRC is mobilizing a response to the huge needs of people throughout South Louisiana. LFF has communicated with emergency related organizations and national ministries and the relief system is fully online. My good friend, Tony Perkins at Family Research Council, is assisting us with a longer-term strategy called “Share Your Home” where families can help other families in dire straits. More details online.

These pastors have prayed, strategized, and put a plan of action into motion. As needs are made known and resources made available, each of these will be posted to this website. It is your best point of contact to channel your relief efforts through. For more details, visit http://www.prccompassion.org or call 1-888-966-6600.

Obviously this is a very trying time for our friends throughout Louisiana. There is both heartache and material loss. Thousands are still trapped in New Orleans, and entire parishes have been under severe flooding situations. This could be the church’s finest moment.

Now is the time for communities of compassion to be the balm that Louisiana needs!

Your prayers and assistance with the PRC Compassion Relief effort will be graciously received and greatly appreciated. I will keep you posted.

The churches that are taking in the most people and feeding the thousands of people are all members of this group, if you want to make a donation I can tell you your money will be put to the intended use through these people. Our church is onboard with them, I found out last nite, without having electricity and with the cell phone issues we have had alot of communication problems here, we are currently sheltering about 20 people with room for about 150+.

http://www.prccompassion.org/

Post Likes
    http://2theadvocate.com/stories/0901...rches001.shtml

http://www.wjbo.com/main.html

The second is a radio station that is broadcasting info constantly if someone wants to hear about the good that is going on, its really a shame, I searched and the top article is all I found.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in