+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: EXV problems on Carrier 30GT Chiller

Post Likes
    Wonder if this chiller is stil running since the thread is ............5 years old!!!!!!!!
    I'm good at making things cold...You can ask my first two wives!

Post Likes
    Is this Flowtronics Manager software more useful than Network Service Tool?
    Anyone successfully comunicated with XP?
    I have the program and it runs on XP, not sure if its worth buying the loop convertor.
    Im assuming its real time data thats faster than service tool.
    Maybe I should start a new thread for this in Controls
    Thanks
    If you cant fix it right, try again.

Post Likes

Another request..

***EDIT*** Nevermind. Apparently I am blind as well as confused! I found your post and link seconds after posting this. Thanks!

Can someone email me a copy of that software to monitor the sensors and superheat with? It would be greatly appreciated!

(Ausccn, I tried looking for your previously mentioned posts, but did not find what I was looking for)

Email address is in my profile.

Thanks!

Ed_LMCO
    Last edited by Ed_LMCO; 05-12-2010 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Clueless!

Post Likes
    Just saw this thread, Ausccn, I downloaded what you posted, if there is any other software besides what you posted floating can I please have a copy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joey791 View Post
    Just saw this thread, Ausccn, I downloaded what you posted, if there is any other software besides what you posted floating can I please have a copy.
    Sorry Joey, thats the only on that I have.

Aus..

Post Likes

Gt 150

Make sure you have enough refrigerant in circuit.

cheers

Post Likes
    Please make sure the wires are proper from old to new also check to make sure old board is compatiable with new exv as sometimes have to change board, I would get papaerwork on exv for proper wiring as sounds like possible wired wrong.

Post Likes
    One of my mechanics is working on a 30GT040 and has recently replaced the main board and the exv board. Everything works just fine when it cycles down normally but when it is shut off at the toggle and then restarted it trips the exv fuse because both exv's try to close at the same time and draws more than 5 amps. If he switches the toggle twice in rapid succession it restarts with no problems. Any one have any ideas?

Post Likes
    What version s/ware is in it??

It sould B 19+ Or 4 that matter 20+......email me and i will send it....

Quote Originally Posted by mcguire07 View Post
    One of my mechanics is working on a 30GT040 and has recently replaced the main board and the exv board. Everything works just fine when it cycles down normally but when it is shut off at the toggle and then restarted it trips the exv fuse because both exv's try to close at the same time and draws more than 5 amps. If he switches the toggle twice in rapid succession it restarts with no problems. Any one have any ideas?

Post Likes
    I have 30GT130-210 installed 1996 .
    The thermistor sensors becomes moving items to replace when summer comes.
    Condenser fan motors had more than couple replaced.
    Had 1 EXV replaced due to grounded unit. When i opened the defective EXV, one of the copper wire in the stepper motor coil is out of the coil assembly and touching the body of the EXV. ( most probably factory defect in assembling the EXV unit).

2012 was the next time I had serious problems with the chiller condensers having multiple small leaks in the condenser units circuit A and B. All in the elbows situated in the middle of the unit ( 20 different leaks ). The culprit might be that the contractor did not install vibration isolators when the chiller unit was commissioned.
    2012 the two EXV were replaced with a newer model, and been running fine up to present.
    Never lost a single compressor O6E series up to now.
    Our location where from May to peak summer July , ambient temp maxxed at 61 deg C noon time, and Dec to January where ambient temp goes down up to 13 deg C.
    Chiller is providing ewt 15 deg C and lwt 10 deg C at chiller set point 10deg C. Chiller supplies 4 air handling units cooling the whole day old chicks hatchery plant, plus the cooling coils to the 16 incubator machines.

Post Likes
    I realize I'm late to the party but I had problems with the "B" circuit EXV on our Aqua snap,Low super heat,cold liquid line, I checked the motor by using ohmeter, carrier says 52 ohms on each winding, I read open on the 2-4 terminals from the exv board. Long story short, I replaced the stepper motor , no go, Then It dawned on me the cable itself was bad. just something to look for in the future.

Post Likes

Similar problem

Put a new EXV on a carrier 30GT-110 chiller. Having fault code 69 which is low superheat on circuit B. Circuit A is off. But have high superheat to compressors. Also replaced saturation sensor. Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in