Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    engine,
    I think it's problem of sensor(or exv driver?). so i need the software to check which sensor is wrong.
    Directly talk to Carrier CCN with PC
    http://www.hvacrcontrol.com/ccn-en.htm

check the crankcase htrs

the sensors are cheap enough that you can replace then for what you spend in time trouble shooting them, if it is an intermittentent problem.

I have been using the Carrier flowtronic monitor program for several years. On the program it displays the exv output signal from the processor (in steps ) and the actual position of the valve( feed back). I often find the sensors out of calibration causing the problem however I have found several valves getting stuck as well as clogged liquid line driers.I find that a lot of mechanic 's with out the software tend to guess and just part change. Using the out dated software is very helpfull in troubleshooting I would recommend it to everyone.

Confused 30GT EXV's trouble

Any idea where can I get The DOS based software called Flotronic Manager? We have two of this chillers on campus and both of them have problems with the EXV's. Two of them have been replaced already and problem continues, need help.

What a coincidence...I'm needing the exact same thing for the same reasons.

I called the local Carrier office and I'm waiting for a callback. Their initial response was not encouraging...

Shoot me an email. I'll send you the software. It will be a *.zip file that you'll need to save to disk. You will need to read the IOM that's in the zip file and order the interface from Telebyte. It's not something that we provide.

Benny.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Email sent. Thanks in advance!

Send it to the email in my profile...not the gmail account in my credentials.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Any of you guys that have this software mind sharing, was going out there tomorrow, going to overnite the converter.
    Thanks, my email is in my profile.
    If you dont stand behind our troops, please feel free...........to stand in front of them.

EPROM Flash or replacement

The EPROM everyone was referring to contains the operating parameters or software program for the unit. the older the machine..the older the program.
    There were many revisions to the software programs on the 30GB's.
    Your local rep for Carrier Tech support is George Bradshaw out of Greensboro. He can help you with any future problems on the EPROMs. The older machines had issues with headpressure control, number of fans coming on during start-up... etcc.

The reason so many people suggest the sensors is due to the high number of sensors that read a few degrees off. When they go bad the unit shuts down...when they drift...the unit runs high superheat, low superhheat, oil washes out..oil pressure drops...refrigerant and oil mix to show a high oil level but you still get low oil pressure...condenser fans don't cycle properly due to the condenser sensor drifting...etc..

Was the old chiller barrel leaking at the tubesheet?

I wonder if someone could email me the Flotronic Manager software that you're speaking of? We have a 30GB200 that it would help with.

Have not read entire thread, but am having the same problem with my 080 chiller. I have found that the c/fans are not cycling properly and bringing all c/fans with single compressor unloaded (1 stage). The only fan that does not come on is the other circuit c/fan being controlled by Motormaster. Would not think it is a sensor issue as it doesn't matter which circuit starts first, A or B, the same thing happens, although it doesn't seem to affect B circuit like it does A circuit (2 compressors), and the common part to that would be the board.

I can't find any info on the relay board for troubleshooting.

We are in the low 40's and my understanding from the manual is that #1 fan energizes with compressor (currently controlled by Motormaster) and other fans stage based on sensor input. #1 fan is on MM, which I believe was field installed at installation and not factory.

Anyway, still need to verify sensors, but any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast