Nu-Calgon Moisture Removal

Installed an expansion valve a couple of weeks ago on a Carrier 10 ton RTU 410-A air handler and followed complete triple evacuation with nitrogen and new drier. Weighed in factory charge. Checked operation O.K.
    Well a facilities worker noticed the sightglass indicated a possible moisture issue.
    Unit is running great and has been since the installation. They now want me to remove the refrigerant, drier etc. and re-evacuate the system.
    My question, knowing the sightglass is not always an accurate picture has anyone used any of the moisture removal products on the market and if you have what has been your experience.

I have used the Nu-Calgon 4051-06 A/C EasyDry Moisture Eliminator a time or two with great success. Although in my 10 years of commercial work I have run into a handful of faulty sightglass'. Not very common but does happen.

Since 1972 I have had 2 bad sight glasses.
    Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalChris View Post
    I have used the Nu-Calgon 4051-06 A/C EasyDry Moisture Eliminator a time or two with great success. Although in my 10 years of commercial work I have run into a handful of faulty sightglass'. Not very common but does happen.

We were taught (Tecumseh or Copeland guy at an RSD meet IIRC) that 'those' products (? is this one different.. I don't know) ..Do their thing for a while, but the moisture is still in there and ends up back to doing what ever damage it will.. later.
    I.e; it's a temp. fix untill you can change the oil and driers.

Think they still make Thawzone. Put it in run for a bit then evacuate and recharge. Ther was one domestic refrigerator manufacturer that accually said to use it instead of a dryer. Might have been Gibson, but can't remember for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by mixsit View Post
    We were taught (Tecumseh or Copeland guy at an RSD meet IIRC) that 'those' products (? is this one different.. I don't know) ..Do their thing for a while, but the moisture is still in there and ends up back to doing what ever damage it will.. later.
    I.e; it's a temp. fix untill you can change the oil and driers.

You know what I just realized I think what I said was re acid neutralizing not moisture.