Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooper MFM300

Quote Originally Posted by sprmktrefertech View Post
    It looks awesome....... would you recommend it? I'll add it to my tool list if so....looks like the x-ducers would be durable,the meter as well for matter.
    I strongly recommend the Cooper mfm300. It is durable,dependable and very light weight.After you start using these you really start to appreciate not having to use hoses for anything but evac and charging. And I have those tasks whittled down to one Gorilla hose. Hoses suck......and anything that requires more than one hose really sucks. I refuse to lug something around that weighs 20 lbs just to take SC and SH readings.
    I can bag this thing and my Fluke along with a klien 11-1 and read a unit faster than most guys can get thier manifold gages set up.
    Some Talk, Some Do
    "keeping condensing pressures low and evaporator pressures high"
    Comfort is my goal
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by ACFIXR View Post
    I strongly recommend the Cooper mfm300. It is durable,dependable and very light weight.After you start using these you really start to appreciate not having to use hoses for anything but evac and charging. And I have those tasks whittled down to one Gorilla hose. Hoses suck......and anything that requires more than one hose really sucks. I refuse to lug something around that weighs 20 lbs just to take SC and SH readings.
    I can bag this thing and my Fluke along with a klien 11-1 and read a unit faster than most guys can get thier manifold gages set up.
    It's setting in ACFIXR
    The last few days on service calls I've been thinking can I do this with out the manifold and the answer has been yes.
    I can only think of a few times I would need one and if I did I could just hook then up to the core removers for unrestricted flow for recovering/evacuating/charging.
    I think I'll modify and extend the pressure sensors from the AK900 when it gets here in stead of my 1250 though since it will have everything displayed on one screen and then I can hold it right up in my face
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by ACFIXR View Post
    I checked it out online they have many different kits...I read you bought the basic kit and added on the 0-1000 x-ducer.

would you recomend any other add-ons at this point?

thank you for the recomendation...

Quote Originally Posted by sprmktrefertech View Post
    I checked it out online they have many different kits...I read you bought the basic kit and added on the 0-1000 x-ducer.

would you recomend any other add-ons at this point?

thank you for the recomendation...
    If I didn't already own so many air/temp/velocity/volume/wet bulb instruments I would add those to this kit. I have had absolutely no problems with this thing. I am rough on my gear and destroy a transducer a year.I just wished the data base software was easier to use.
    Some Talk, Some Do
    Comfort is my goal
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

hows your MFM holding up? I heard the wires are prone to break in the transducers. I think the whole thing is grossly overpriced and doom to fade.

I would love to see a gauge set like this with wireless transducers and fittings for hoses.

I use mine near daily for almost 2 years now, it has held up great. Not 1 issue
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

Holding up great, absolutely no issues. MFM's rock.............everything else uses hose's and hose's suck.....................................
    I carry all of my stuff in my meter bag, and a single hose just in case i have to add a charge.Looking to add the velometer now.
    It's difficult tho to get the oil to backflow thru the transducers into the wire's like it backflows into hose's. The wire's also don't hold any gas.
    Some Talk, Some Do
    Comfort is my goal
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

I meant anemometer...............
    Some Talk, Some Do
    Comfort is my goal
    Blog
    Web