+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I gave 100.00 bucks

Post Likes
    I sent the cross a hundred bucks, it's not a lot and yeah I could do better, but I decided on a hundred.

I'm not into donations very much the 9-11 thing really ticked me off, when they started collecting to save money for the kids of people that got killed to college, what a crock of crap. Is anyone going to send these minorities that have been treated worse than cattle in New Orleans to college when this is over ?

I think it won't even be mentioned, do you see my paralell ? and my disgust with the fund that was doing that during 9-11. The point was, those people during 9-11 that lost loved ones and parents deserved as much relief as they could get, but the fact is that people die every day and no fireman stands at an intersection to collect money for their kids to go to college.Two days after 9-11 a man was killed in an explosion in a factory not 1 mile from me, it barely made the news, I turned to my wife and I said do you think they will collect for his kid to go to college.

Post Likes
    Just ask the family of the firefighter or policeman that died on Sept 10, 2001.
    The American Red Cross Thanks you.

Post Likes
    I gave what I could and will continue to as I can. Remember the American Red Cross does more than just help out during hurricanes, they go to any disaster large or small. Another thought is that hurricane season is only half way over. We are now just getting into the peak time for storms.

Post Likes
    Donating to the people isn't really a good idea. Donating to the people who take care of those in need is definately a worthy cause.

Post Likes
    Personally, I'm done with the Red Cross. I was duped on 911 when they started diverting collected $$ to some of their other missions. I purposely donated for the victims of 911, and they used my money for something else.

I'll donate this time to the Salvation Army.

Post Likes
    Why did that bother you ? It stsill went to someone in need.

Post Likes
    Because I purposely gave to the victims of 911. I choose what to do with my money. They said it would go to 911 victims, and it didn't. I also donated to the tsunami victims, but to a charity I've been dealing with for years, who already had a network in place in the area.

Don't give me this bait and switch BS. The Red Cross will never get one more red cent from me.

Post Likes
    For those who are planning to donate, check with your employer's human resources dept to see if they have a matching contributions program.

If they don't, ask why not.

Post Likes
    I know they just throw it all together and don't let you direct the money once you have donated it, but why does that matter? Isn't the family that lost their home in a fire somewhere in the midwest just as important as the people in New York on 9-11.

I just don't understand the reasoning , but hey it's your money. Help who you want to help.I personally would rather give them the money and let them assess the needs of everyone, not just one specific type of tragedy, in one specific place at one specific time, but then I can't really say that I donated money to the hurricane effort as you will be able to.

I can only say that I helped someone out somewhere.It doesn' have a glammorous ring to it but who cares I have no need for others to know that I helped someone out somewhere with a donation to the red cross.My friends will still think that I am OK,

Post Likes
    When the tsunami hit last year we made a donation to Christian Children's Fund. Since we already sponsor a child from the Philippines, I was familiar with the charity. We WERE able to specify whether we wanted the money to go to the tsanami victims or into the general fund, and I'm confident it went where directed. We also get financial reports from them annually, showing where they spent the money.

I wanted our money to help the tsunami victims who had a greater need. I want my Katrina donation to go to the victims, not to some after-school program in North Dakota.
    I just can't trust the Red Cross

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in