Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hmm

But who would pay for the gas? Pay the drivers? Whose budget would it come out of? What about liability insurance, if a person slipped getting in or off? Man, the meetings and committees that would have to be formed and held to answer all these questions.

The problem: Bean counters and lawyers. Common sense people are afraid to move or do anything. I think we should blame the lawyers. Yeah, the lawyers, that's it.

Originally posted by ipic
    Considering gambling is legal... who knows.
    Really there are many places the blame can be placed, however the people who can actually do something to get the situtation under control need to quit pointing their fingers and get off their butts and start doing something. The political fighting going on here is not much better then the fighting in the streets. Who cares who is at fault just get it fixed...
    Very good point . As much as I liked New Orleans....lets face it. It wasn't far from being a Sodom & Gomorrah.

Let's not lose focus that other places were hit harder

So what is being done in the other states? Are they having the same issues, or is it just that New Orleans is so used to freedom from typical laws, that now they just threw it all out the window. You know as sad and heartless as this sounds, I think this will be good for that state in the far future. I am not knocking NO completely I have spent plenty of time on Bourbon St and have the beads to prove it, but come on think of all the crap tht went on there. Crooked politicians go back forever and the legal system is just the same. (I knwo a cop from there) I agree about the concerns with liability I am sure thatplayed a part in somethings. We as people have become accustomed to living with in boundries and heaven forbid us to step out side of them and our viewpoints for the greater good of mankind. It comes down to whether or not we will benefit from things or not. If we don;t then we stay in our boundaries. It comes back to selfishness and the willingness to look the other way.

Originally posted by James 3528
    Some of you arm chair quarterbacks that have never served in the military or know what the "posse comitatus" law is and want to criticizes the Federal Government in the response to the hurricane. Answer me this, why didn't New Orleans deploy these?

I moved a bit inland before Ivan hit. One of the last things I did as I bailed out was to park one vehicle on the highest land I could find, and took the other vehicle to where we road out the storm.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Really there are many places the blame can be placed, however the people who can actually do something to get the situtation under control need to quit pointing their fingers and get off their butts and start doing something. The political fighting going on here is not much better then the fighting in the streets. Who cares who is at fault just get it fixed...
    Very good point . As much as I liked New Orleans....lets face it. It wasn't far from being a Sodom & Gomorrah.

Except God would have spared those cities for the sake of one good person.

The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

The hospital gets their share of school buses and the Sheriff to move the prisoners The rest goes to Emergency Management for evac. The school board welcomes this because they don't have to move those buses and they won't lay damaged and water logged like the New Orleans buses you see in the picture. I guess we take these things more serious and plan for it.

Does this mean

Let's not lose focus that other places were hit harder [/B]
    That the pentagon was hit on 9-11 because we are an evil empire??? Some peoples children like yourself have no clue!!! SHEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

[Edited by rob10 on 09-02-2005 at 08:05 PM]

Re: Does this mean

Originally posted by rob10
    That the Pentagon was struck by an airplane on 9-11 because we are an evil empire!! Some peoples children have no clue SHEEEEEEEEEEESHHH!!!

Don't type in the quotes. Oh that's right, you're in LA

Re: The mayor

Originally posted by rob10
    Related to GW!!
    And you must be related to Jimmy Carter....

WHY?

When in doubt, blame someone else. When you point your finger there are three pointing back at you.

Unless, of course, you only have one finger.
    WHY?

Don't trust someone that cut their fingers off.

LOL!!
    WHY?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast