Hmm

Again, sorry for the multiple posts, just thought it best to break up my questions. I have a Lennox G61V furnace and I am looking at adding a HPX12 or 15 HP. I need a new thermostat/control for this. One dealer is recommending the Lennox Signature Stat (for HPs) and one is also recommending the Vision Pro 8000. Ok, let me just say, the Vision Pro is one sweet control - nice design, clear to read, easy to understand. I have a Lennox Signature Stat now (only the one for AC's not, HP) and it really sucks. The interface is not as nice, the LCD is hard to read and impossible if the light is not on.

One dealer told me the Vision Pro 8000 is not suitable for my equipment - that does not make sense to me, so I thought I would ask the pros out there. The only disadvantage I could see with the VisionPro is it does not have a humidistat (I also have a humidifier controlled by the lennox signature stat). Well, last year the humidifier pretty much ran all the time (since the furnance blower was on nearlly all the time for a call for humidity) since it is very dry here (Montreal) in the winter. So, I figure I could just use the controller that came with the humidifier for this and it is not something that needs active control anyway.

Am I ok going with the VisionPro 8000?

I love the Vision Pro. Your Signature stat may also have dehumdify on demand to slow the blower down in humid weather. The VP cannot do that either. From what I've heard, the Signature stat made by Robertshaw/Invensys hasn't been the most reliable animal and is to be or is dropped?

The VP is great at doing dual fuel.

Yes, the Sig Stat does have dehumidify control - something that Honeywell really forgot on the VP8000. However, the "user interface" is such a piece of crap IMO on the Sig Stats that it is worth sacreficing the integrated humidty control I think.

By the way, I found this on the Lennox website:

http://www.lennox.com/products/overv...el=Touchscreen

Looks like the Honeywell VP8000 to me with a Lennox badge on it!

I think you'll find the visionpro 8321 has cool to dehumidify.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Hands down, the VisPro 8000 is a superior product over the Lennox Sigstat/Invensys model. The 8000 can do everything the Sigstat can, with the exception of humidification..."dehumidification," yes, but only in a dehumidification "droop" with the a/c running to dehumidify. Still, the minor tradeoff is more than worth it. I would not hesitate to use the 8000 (dehumidification model) with a simple humidistat. As a company, we have used both stats...and we regret using the Invensys/Sigstat. It is a difficult piece to work with, and, YES, there are reliability issues. This is a no-brainer.

Thanks for the help guys, I will go with the visionpro 8321.

Oh, one more question about the visionpro 8321 - it can be used to control dehumid - can it be used to call for humidity with a furnace humidifier?

No...the Vispro can only do dehumidification...and then only in the simplest dehumidification droop control. You would have to have a humidistat to control the humidifier.