Future of Fieldpiece wireless?

So the HG3 is popping up here soon. My rep had one at a distributor's BBQ. Looked it over and kind of became a little angry inside....just for a moment. I originally was frustrated that I own the HG2, DL3 datalogger, and the HS36 meter....have a ton of heads that I use as needed..and here is the HG3, basically making my HG2 and DL3 nearly obsolete if I wanted to jump to wireless.

But then I quickly realized that the transmitters are much like the EHDL1 handle, that attach to any head.....thus all I need and PRAY to see from Fieldpiece is a kit that contains a tranceiver/receiver HEAD I can attach to either my HG2, DL3 or HS36 meters and the transmitters to attach to any of my accessory heads.

I could imagine the Tranceiver/Receiver head with a on/off switch and a switch to choose between 1-2-3 so one could choose between up to three wireless transmitters attached to heads throughout a system and bounce back and forth between heads as needed.

Just a wishful thinking.....Russ, is the future of wireless for us guys with the HG2, LD3, and stick meters on the drawing board?

Analog to digital back to analog sounds tricky and more sources of error.
    The HG3 looks very nice with a few less steps
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by slctech View Post
    So the HG3 is popping up here soon. My rep had one at a distributor's BBQ. Looked it over and kind of became a little angry inside....just for a moment. I originally was frustrated that I own the HG2, DL3 datalogger, and the HS36 meter....have a ton of heads that I use as needed..and here is the HG3, basically making my HG2 and DL3 nearly obsolete if I wanted to jump to wireless.

But then I quickly realized that the transmitters are much like the EHDL1 handle, that attach to any head.....thus all I need and PRAY to see from Fieldpiece is a kit that contains a tranceiver/receiver HEAD I can attach to either my HG2, DL3 or HS36 meters and the transmitters to attach to any of my accessory heads.

I could imagine the Tranceiver/Receiver head with a on/off switch and a switch to choose between 1-2-3 so one could choose between up to three wireless transmitters attached to heads throughout a system and bounce back and forth between heads as needed.

Just a wishful thinking.....Russ, is the future of wireless for us guys with the HG2, LD3, and stick meters on the drawing board?
    Probably not how you are envisioning it. But we got a running list of things to do.