Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: NBC

Originally posted by Diceman
    The entire country is collapsing.
    It is kind of shameful to watch America responding to the worst natural disaster ever to hit while you sleep comfortably and then say this.

I'm afraid

Bush doesn't have a clue, bottom line.
    The longer he is office, the more we see it.
    I have to agree. His second term has been nothing but screwups upon screwups. The conservatives are in for a rude awakening in 2008.

Originally posted by James 3528
    It is kind of shameful to watch America responding to the worst natural disaster ever to hit while you sleep comfortably and then say this.
    What is shamful is how the current administraiion is screwing up a great country. And don't be a hypocrite, when Clinton was in office doing a good job, the entire right wing bunch got together and went after him for eveything under the sun spending millions of dollars trying to get him on land deals, travel gate, even the ridiculous idea he had people killed and made it looked like suicide, hate radio sprung up and idiots like Rash made even more money catering to misinformation and constant battering of the administration....Imagine how you would react if the Dems were in office now, you would be calling for their heads.
    And you slept well during those times, probably making lots of money in a good economy, I know I did.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Re: I'm afraid

Originally posted by rob10
    I have to agree. His second term has been nothing but screwups upon screwups. The conservatives are in for a rude awakening in 2008.
    The republican party has been hijacked by reglious nuts, millionaires and big biz.
    It used to be pretty decent, now I wonder what the hell is going on.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by James 3528
    What is shamful is how the current administraiion is screwing up a great country. And don't be a hypocrite, when Clinton was in office doing a good job, the entire right wing bunch got together and went after him for eveything under the sun spending millions of dollars trying to get him on land deals, travel gate, even the ridiculous idea he had people killed and made it looked like suicide, hate radio sprung up and idiots like Rash made even more money catering to misinformation and constant battering of the administration....Imagine how you would react if the Dems were in office now, you would be calling for their heads.
    And you slept well during those times, probably making lots of money in a good economy, I know I did.

I made money when Clinton was President, just like I am doing now. I wasn't in the pain you feel you are in now. I don't see where the President has to do with people not being responsible for themselves but as a democrat I can understand your position. They want cradle to the grave dependence from someone else like a tick on the neck of a dog.They decided to let someone else be proactive after the disaster and now criticize that. This storm shows that more than anything else and the parade of idiots on Meet The Press today. . They had this guy on talking about the Geography of New Orleans, then it progressively ended up as a slam on the Bush Administration and carbon emissions i.e global warming as the reason for what happened. Yes, for get they were living below see level and hurricanes are as old as the earth . Be it using pictures of the coffins of dead soldiers or capitalizing on a natural disaster, you democrats don't miss a beat.

Who said Clinton did a good job?

It's not just the cane, no doubt it was much worse than expected. but what happened after is just icing on the cake, Bush unprepared to lead, our resources in Iraq, our debt climbing daily, gas prices through the roof with no end in site as oil companies make record profits, poverty levels climbing and all this while the average CEO of the fortune 500 companies made a 54% increase in profits last year.....54%......that's quite a jump considering most lower & middle class people are simply trying to keep up with inflation these days. Add to that the religous nuts being catered to, so much so calling a special session of congress to talk about Terry Shiavo.
    Of course I don't blame the cane on Bush, but his response and policy is typical of the administrations whole attitude towards the needs of the average people of theUS. I have always felt the great people of the US can make up for any administration, but the current one sure is making it harder than it has to be.
    I tried to give GW a chance after the first election, I really thought he would be OK, not great but OK. His dad was. But what can you expect from a kid who has failed at every biz opportunity he was handed and then bailed out by rich friends, even the Saudi's at one point.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Re: I'm afraid

Would that be like the "conservatives" that you used to pretend to be one of?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

No

More like conservatives of the past, being taken captive by a few nuts.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Re: Re: I'm afraid

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Would that be like the "conservatives" that you used to pretend to be one of?
    [/QUOTE}He and the others in power
    are screwing up everything with their greed and lack of compassion for who they serve. There is no logic in spending over 100 billion to relief pain and suffering in Iraq when they don't adequately take care of US citizens on US soil.

This country was forged on self reliance and freedom. This disaster is a great example of how far we have traveled away from that. Leadership starts at home and the local level. Time and time again when I saws women with babies at their feet, I saw no men around . You can thank the failure of the "Great Society" mentality that was alive and well in New Orleans and hundreds of other cities. Plainly there was no leadership in New Orleans. The leadership there got out of town. There is a community of Vietnamese fishermen not far from New Orleans that came here with nothing, went to work and made a life for themselves fishing. Now they have nothing and ***** less about their country than some of you do.My bet is that in less than a year they will be back on their feet while New Orleans and some of you still complains that their government isn't holding their hands. No one tolled those Vietnamese about the Great Society. If anything, if we do not learn from this and more important, they do not learn from this and continue to blame the federal government and not take personal responsibility, that will be a larger disaster because their will be another disaster around the corner.

POLITICAL PARTIES=BULL****

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456