Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NBC

Re: I agree

Originally posted by rob10
    Originally posted by bgaston
    Let's see.....Katrina made landfall on Sunday. Even if I allowed for 2 days to get the national guard there, I would say that are 3 days late.
    The governor of Louisiana and Bush totally f$cked this up.
    How come like the previous posted said that when it strikes Florida you don't have people waiting around to continue to be professional victims? New Orleans is below sea level. I don't think anyone should be responsible for holding there hands or begging them to leave like the Mayor did.

I am 18 feet above sea level and still in a flood zone. No one here including poor Blacks will hang around when the cops come down the streets with bull horn saying to get out. We all check on each other and find out where we are all going and get out. None of us hold a President responsible if we decide to stay.

Louisiana..what a mess

This is a world class training facility

4 hrs. from New Orleans. Troops could have been there the next day.

http://www.jrtc-polk.army.mil/

First the levee didn't break Sunday or even Monday so it has only been 3 days since the water became a problem.
    Second the president can't send in troops until asked for by the Governor. Rob I always knew you were flying false colors and were really a lib.

Not hardly classy

I supported GW in both elections. I am blaming our governor along with GW on this one. Politics in Louisiana suck worse than the federal system.

Re: Not hardly classy

I supported GW in both elections. I am blaming our governor along with GW on this one. Politics in Louisiana suck worse than the federal system.
    Does not matter who you supported. The president can not use Federal Troops as first responders in police matters. The chicken **** Mayor that ran and the Governor must act first.

I agree about the mayor

But I don't understand your un-dieing love for GW. The man is totally out of the loop when it comes to taking care of basic human needs. The only reason he probably came to New Orleans would be to view the potential 2 million gallon oil spill at Venice.. He probably owns a lot of it!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9175553/

[Edited by rob10 on 09-02-2005 at 05:22 PM]

Re: I agree about the mayor

But I don't understand your un-dieing love for GW. The man is totally out of the loop when it comes to taking care of basic human needs. The only reason he probably came to New Orleans would be to view the potential 2 million gallon oil spill at Venice.. He probably owns a lot of it!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9175553/

[Edited by rob10 on 09-02-2005 at 05:22 PM]
    It has to do with the constitution Einstein. The President can not commit the US Miltary at his wim for civil police actions. Say why wasn't these deployed??

These yellow buses

Represent another governmental screwup. We've lost accountalbility from ALL of our elected officials.

I does seem that everyone plans before it hits. Flash lights,water,plywood,etc but no one planned on what to do after it hits.How many major hurricans need to strike before some sort of recovery plan is made for the "what if" factor.

Re: These yellow buses

Represent another governmental screwup. We've lost accountalbility from ALL of our elected officials.
    Have our elected officials ever really cared or been accountable for the average person?? Come on and wake up...IF you think GW or any other politician cares about anyone of us you need a cup of coffee more than I do.
    73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"

Re: Re: These yellow buses

Originally posted by doglips
    Have our elected officials ever really cared or been accountable for the average person?? Come on and wake up...IF you think GW or any other politician cares about anyone of us you need a cup of coffee more than I do.
    Was it GW's fault those Busses were not used?

They were used in Florida over and over.

I can't find any link or other souce

Where GW stood up to the plate on the eve of the storm and announced any type of federal relief effort was in place.

The buses say it all Rob. The people in LA are stupid. They also say you're wrong.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast