Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: NBC

Today Show, 100% of it is *****ing about the rescue efforts.

No mention of the crack heads shooting at the rescue people.

Matt in his ivory tower talking about poverty in New Orleans. New Orleans is famous for cooking and I see 2 types of people there now, some are obviously thin from drug abuse and some are overweight. And I would think a lot suffering from with withdrawal. No one is mentioning any of this or why they did not leave after being told to, just bashing.
    They even mention 2 area newspapers outraged up there as if it legitimized bashing the rescue efforts

I think they call things like this a "disaster" . I don't remember NBC doing this on 911.

[Edited by JAMES 3528 on 09-02-2005 at 07:49 AM]

I guess it's hard to overlook how bad the feds are screwing this up right now..........
    Of course with all the NO national guard in Iraq, as well as their amphibious vehicles, HumVees and supplies it's going to be hard to get a quick response on the crack head derelicts with guns down there.
    And of course since they cut spending on so many things that need done in this country over the last few years such as requests by the army corp of engineers to reinforce the levee system down there as well as small things such as state funding for police and firemen and yada, yada....
    They always say less gov is what we need, well now they got it down there, not working out too well.
    Of course things in Iraq are going just great.....
    At least our gas is cheap.
    Don't blame me, I live in a blue state.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Yes, that is what I was looking for more politicizing the problem. You should roll Matt Lauer out of his job. The New Orleans Mayor even ran off and left the city. Perhaps you don't realize it takes a couple of days for the National Guard leave their job kiss the wife good bye in order to get water to the crack heads shooting at them. The entire National Guard is not in Iraq and I doubt any of them that are have amphibious vehicles. The problem that we have in New Orleans is stupid people that are making the disaster worse because they stayed. If that storm had moved a little west they would be all dead. Very little focus is where the storm hit hard and actually killed many to the East. Where I have not heard any looting stories or a entire lot of New Cadillac's stolen. Yes, lets keep blaming the government.

Since the 60's the goverment has taught poor blacks that it would take care of them and now you see the results. Those people are waiting for the goverment to take care of them. Just sitting and waiting while they complain, they have to sieze the initiative and do things for themselfs the best they can. Bodies laying on the streets because the police cant get to them, why dont the people take care of them and form some staging areas on thier own. The mayor and all the elected folks should go to jail for abandoning thier city in its greatest time of need.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Let's see.....Katrina made landfall on Sunday. Even if I allowed for 2 days to get the national guard there, I would say that are 3 days late.

Just finished watching a MSNBC segment on the relief effort. I thought they did cover all sides. Even posted some good questions to a guy in charge that was being interviewed. Like he said, "the task is enormous, some blame must go to the Mayor and Governor for their actions but overall they have amassed a huge amount of vehicles, food convoys, boats, helicopters, that are just this morning making it to the Superdome."

He admitted it may have been a day more than it should have but vehicles etc were not just sitting around. And you can't air drop supplies, and airports were not usable.

More will come out tonite and tomorrow about the new relief effort and I bet Guard and state troopers can now enter into NO block by block and hopefully rescue the innoncent. The guilty will probably blend in cause of their similarities.

FEMA and homeland security will have a lot to learn from this disaster. Question is, will they?

I think the news media is getting a little ridiculous like they know all the answers.I do think the government was pretty lax at marshal law and shoot to kill with looters. If you dont stop looters look wht you get, your looking at it. Oh and for the black Lady *****ing at the military meals, and that they dont taste all that good and they should get a lot better meals.....dont give her anymore and tell her shes on her own. Manybe some of the looters in the green catillac have something for her.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bgaston ]Let's see.....Katrina made landfall on Sunday. Even if I allowed for 2 days to get the national guard there, I would say that are 3 days late. ][/QUOTE ]

Let's see.....What you need to do is join the NG

Originally posted by dec
    I think the news media is getting a little ridiculous like they know all the answers.I do think the government was pretty lax at marshal law and shoot to kill with looters. If you dont stop looters look wht you get, your looking at it. Oh and for the black Lady *****ing at the military meals, and that they dont taste all that good and they should get a lot better meals.....dont give her anymore and tell her shes on her own. Manybe some of the looters in the green catillac have something for her.
    There you go. Society won't admit it. There is 2 disasters there. One had been there before the storm. The storm was just 2 hot wires touching.

[Edited by ipic on 09-02-2005 at 02:09 PM]

I look at this in 2 different ways..the old social worker Bob and the Bob who lives near the beach in Florida that got smacked with 3 hurricanes last year.

Yes big disaster like this government needs to respond to help get things straightened out. But people also have a responsibility to take care of themselves. With so much military overseas (right or wrong that's a different issue to me) Its going to take longer to respond than it "normally" would. ..so people need to do the best they can...try to leave the area if possible.....and quit shooting at the freaking helicopters....looters..just shoot on sight, no bs about it bang!

why did people not evacuate...for the same reason most of the people in my "hood" don't...shelters suck....crowed, crying babies, and freaky people....so honey lets just stay home we will be ok. you can do all the ordering you want...people don't want to leave their homes...we don't evacuate for same bs reasons. That said we have the needed supplies (generator, flashlights, repair stuff) and secure the house as best we can...cover windows etc. and also have 2 escape plans should we need to evacuate during the storm. Most people don't bother.

I still don't understand WHY DID THEY BUILD A MAJOR CITY BELOW SEA LEVEL on the coast....that still boggles my mind.

I still think politician slinging bull causes global warming. They need to stop this its your fault bs and get with the program. Its called a natural disaster not a republican or democrat disaster.....seems some people are only happy when they can whimper about how its everyone else's fault.
    73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"

New Orleans has known for a long time that this would happen and they have made it public knowledge. A survey prior to the storm asked, if there was a mandatory evacuation order issued, would you leave? 1/3 of the population said no. I cry for the children and the elderly and I am not without compassion, but I am becoming hardened and angry at the insistence of these people that it is the governments responsibility to take care of them. These people ignored a mandatory evacuation order and have been left to fend for themselves. These people really believed that if they did not leave, and it gets bad enough, the government will send in nice air conditioned coaches to transport us to hotels where they will foot the bill until they can rebuild our house (Welfare mentality). They ***** about where is the help, but officials new they could not rescue the masses if the city flooded and told them to leave. The poor neighborhoods are ravaged with crack houses, drug dealers, and gangs. The gangs, drug dealers, and thugs have become looters, shooting at rescuers.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

I agree

Originally posted by bgaston
    Let's see.....Katrina made landfall on Sunday. Even if I allowed for 2 days to get the national guard there, I would say that are 3 days late.
    The governor of Louisiana and Bush totally f$cked this up.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast