Results 1 to 12 of 12

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,157
    but you have no house, and by the 10th that SUV payment is due,

    But you no longer have a house and the SUV is still under 20 ft of water

    How many payments will you need to make so you dont destroy what credit you will soon need

    BTW my BIL's daughter lived in Gulfport up untill the storm. They left and thank god they are well. They were able to look at their neighborhood and they have nothing left. The house is gone , its rubble . They counted 11 bodies on their street alone

    This is something that will affect those children for the rest of their lives.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    428
    I dont think i would care at this moment

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    9,932
    OK. So now you've got me so freaked that I'm going out to buy a houseboat and an amphibious, all-terrain service vehicle. See what you've done?



  4. #4
    As in 9-11. banks will be asked to not collect or report to credit agencies during this time frame for those citizens, their finances will stand still for a while

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    6,579


    Regardless of who has to take the loss, an individual, insurance company, bank, savings and loan, automobile manufacturer or whomever, do you realize what this will do to our economy? Sombody will take the loss and our economy is already in poor condition.

    Between the economic losses, increased gasoline costs, increased fossil fuel costs this winter and the potential for additional disasters, our country is not doing well.

    The looting and shooting in New Orleans indicates to me that the moral fiber of many in our country is low enough that the same could happen anywhere if the conditions decline enough. Many seem to have the incorrect mindset that the government owes them something and when that support is not available for even a few days they will turn to violence and lawlessness.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ft.Worth,Tx
    Posts
    4,584
    Yea, I have been without work for 2 months and I still am trying to make it. You don't see me running out with my SKS with 30 round mag. Or holding up stores,looting or setting buildings on fire.

    The moral fiber is within those of us who beleive in what's right and wrong.

    God Bless the USA - Texas

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    534
    Originally posted by NormChris


    Regardless of who has to take the loss, an individual, insurance company, bank, savings and loan, automobile manufacturer or whomever, do you realize what this will do to our economy? Sombody will take the loss and our economy is already in poor condition.

    Between the economic losses, increased gasoline costs, increased fossil fuel costs this winter and the potential for additional disasters, our country is not doing well.

    The looting and shooting in New Orleans indicates to me that the moral fiber of many in our country is low enough that the same could happen anywhere if the conditions decline enough. Many seem to have the incorrect mindset that the government owes them something and when that support is not available for even a few days they will turn to violence and lawlessness.

    “It Is Just A Matter of Perspective”



    Heard today on CNN 9-2-05 @ 5:45 PM
    A female tourist telling Wolf Blitzer on the phone, how the group she was with was evacuated from New Orleans. The lady was home in MD telling this story
    They were required to wade four blocks to the pickup point through the contaminated water. However, before they went in the water some doctors with their group went into the Walgreens drugstore across the street and “COMMANDERED” some antibiotics for the group to ward off infection. There were no cameras showing the doctors “commandeering “ the antibiotics. I wonder if they or anyone here would consider their actions as looting?

    So I guess it is just a matter of perspective how some view the same act!

    I am not condemning their act rather I offer this as an example of doing what you need to do in emergency situation. And none of us truly know how or what we would under the same circumstances to save our family and friends.

    Fred

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    S.W. PA
    Posts
    3,298
    fred
    if you read back you will see that most if not all said there was no issue with "looting" of life substaining products BUT what the hell is up when you steal a tv and there wont be power for months?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    428
    I think norm summed it up properly

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    534
    Originally posted by dhvac
    fred
    if you read back you will see that most if not all said there was no issue with "looting" of life substaining products BUT what the hell is up when you steal a tv and there wont be power for months?
    I posted the same sentiments earlier. My point is that we try to understand the difference and that some "looting and commandering" done for life sustaining reasons is not only necsssary but required. And furthermore, if you were in their situation ,would you steal a gun to protect your family from others that stole guns for the wrong reasons? I would!
    I said earlier that I am law abiding however, I would do what I had to do if I were in their place.


    Compassion and due consideration.

    Lets not judge to harshly, is all I am trying to say.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    12,077
    Yeagh but, the Plasma TV they need to keep up on the events, cause the electricity will be back on in no time.

    Shoot em. Let em rot and float out to sea.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    534
    Originally posted by Dowadudda
    Yeagh but, the Plasma TV they need to keep up on the events, cause the electricity will be back on in no time.

    Shoot em. Let em rot and float out to sea.
    Many dddds:

    I have agreed in earlier posts regarding the looters taking TVs.Mark each body as a looter after they are executed.
    Fred

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event