Twenty five years ago I used to own an A/C business that just worked on window-shakers. I used to make all my own repairs. I went to trade-school. But I forgot a lot. I can't remember if we're suppossed to debur small diameter copper tubing for A/C work. I can't remember if deburring small diameter copper tubing was discouraged because of the possiblity of introducing copper particles into the system. My inclination is to always debur.

Deburr it if at all possible.

I doubt it'll bring the system to a halt if you don't, but it'll sure help it perform better. If you think you have some shavings that dropped down the tube, blow it out with sine nitrogen.

Lets see 25 years ago. 1980...

In 1980 if you were working with ANY TYPE OF PIPE OR TUBING would you deburr it before putting it together?

would you deburr PVC after cutting it with a hack saw, before putting it together

Sorry I just had to ax

To debur or not to debur, that is the question.

Sometimes it can be very hard to get every last trace of copper filings out of small diameter copper tubing. This is especially true when copper tubing is connected to the system. With window shakers, there are no access valves, and if you debur lines coming off the compressor filing can fall into the compressor where they can damage valves, or at least that is what I remember. So the question becomes which is the better of two evils. To debur or not to debur, that is the question.

The universe is a heat pump. The Big Bang singlarity is quantum orifice. High temperature, high pressure matter and energy explode out this orifice and flash into an expanding universe. Matter and energy cool down. Then they are sucked into black holes which act like suction lines. The black hole singlarity is a compressor, compressing all matter and energy into a high pressure, high temperature stream. The big bang singularity and the big crunch sigularity are just two different sides of the same singularity. Our universe is just here to heat God's living room.

Re: To debur or not to debur, that is the question.

Originally posted by cobaltfjord

The universe is a heat pump. The Big Bang singlarity is quantum orifice. High temperature, high pressure matter and energy explode out this orifice and flash into an expanding universe. Matter and energy cool down. Then they are sucked into black holes which act like suction lines. The black hole singlarity is a compressor, compressing all matter and energy into a high pressure, high temperature stream. The big bang singularity and the big crunch sigularity are just two different sides of the same singularity. Our universe is just here to heat God's living room.
    WTF? Step away from the bong...

MOM, colbaltfjords been watching stargate sg-1 again.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?