Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    of those people that were looting big screen TV's yesterday have ran out of crack, heroin and other substances they were hooked on feel right now with their supply chain interrupted?

These people are going to make it dangerous for the police and National Guard. I understand there were 3 murders in the Super Dome just last night

thats a good point. funny, they dont mention that on cnn. ill bet its the biggest thing on these cops minds

So why the hell dont all these tv helecoptors etc, aquafina, bottles water companies, whatever just drop loads of food, mre's whatever in the area. To me this is just rediculous that our country cant control our own.. wtf, glad to see my taxes are being used well !

You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

Originally posted by Chad711
    So why the hell dont all these tv helecoptors etc, aquafina, bottles water companies, whatever just drop loads of food, mre's whatever in the area. To me this is just rediculous that our country cant control our own.. wtf, glad to see my taxes are being used well !

I was talking about New Orleans not Detroit.

Frown There are some bad, bad people in this world

And you know who I am talking about. It makes me want to puke. I am in South Texas where the refugees are coming in. The city is asking us to take them into our houses.

They are mentioning the murders and rapes on the news stations. They did an interview with one guy who made it to Houston who told of the several gangs of sick bastards that were were raping women right in the street. Screw them all, let the military get ahold of them and teach them a thing or two.

Originally posted by James 3528
    of those people that were looting big screen TV's yesterday have ran out of crack, heroin and other substances they were hooked on feel right now with their supply chain interrupted?

These people are going to make it dangerous for the police and National Guard. I understand there were 3 murders in the Super Dome just last night

I had the same thought today, James. As I was driving home listening to more bad news on the car radio, I kept thinking most non-drug addicted people would not shoot at a boat going by with gas powered pumps to pump out the Superdome or take pot shots at helicopters attempting to rescue people. Leave it to a druggie suddenly cut off from his supply...could be his dealer got drowned or killed for his load of crack or whatever, and the drugs are just as in short supply as food and water.

Could also be people on medicinal drugs for mental problems and being cut off from the meds in addition to the stress of the disaster could push them over.

I think a disaster of this proportion to a city this size merits martial law. It's far too dangerous for folks just trying to survive and get out of that city alive. There's enough woe from the storm...humans adding to the misery is ridiculous.
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

Frown I don't know what is worse!

The storm or the people.

Summary executions

Hurricane evacuees are landing in all points between N.O and Houston. Here in the Lake Charles Louisiana area, the civic center and hotels are all full and of course some of the criminal element got bused in also. Today we had 2 carjackings here in Lake Charles. Not only do we inherit the criminal element but all the other bad stuff like diseases that are carried by people who have lived in a cesspool, and what is worse is that we are now taking in kids to the local schools who could be infected with some funky stuff. Like a guy that was interviewed on the tv and he stated that it is a "catastrophe of Biblical proportions".

wasp

I think you have a point.

Think of what New Orleans had before the hurricane hit. A lot of the residents were less than desirable but then isn't it that way in any city in the world? Many of the good average citizens did what they were told. Move to certain areas and they did, thru waist deep water trudging for hours to collection points, bridges, civic buildings, and there they were left with little food or direction. No help there was forthcoming and they waited but are now getting impatient, hungry, desperate and therefore are dangerous.

The looters we see for the most part are the gangs and criminals who control for the time being what is left of the city. And, people who normally would not break in but are doing so in search of what food and water is there. Those we don't see, just the shoe thiefs and greedy fools who take whatever they can.

At least that is what I see from the CNN, Fox, and MSN reports.

Originally posted by Chad711
    EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!

Can we not fly cargo planes to the area?
    Can we not drive refrigerated semi trailers to the area?

Can we not transport the necessities by trucks, trailers, planes, helicopters, etc?

I think the support from the government to these people is pretty sad to say the least!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast