Thread: need all pros opinions

Post Likes

need all pros opinions

ok so the question is simple. what brand in your opinion is the quietest A/H unit on the market to match up with a 13 seer heat pump unit? im thinking of going with a goodman GSZ13036 for the heat pump and a goodman AEPF303616 for the A/H unit. this customer is on a serious budget so need to keep price as low as possible but she is wanting to relocate inside unit but she cant afford it.the only problem she has with old unit is the location she says the unit makes to much noise. i told her that A/H are alot quieter than they use to be. so just wanted to hear what everyone thought. thanks

Post Likes
    Variable speed AHU

Post Likes
    Might want to use an air handler with an X13 motor, the rocking the VS does before starting up may ne louder then what she will like.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by martin&sonsa/c View Post
    ok so the question is simple. what brand in your opinion is the quietest A/H unit on the market to match up with a 13 seer heat pump unit? im thinking of going with a goodman GSZ13036 for the heat pump and a goodman AEPF303616 for the A/H unit. this customer is on a serious budget so need to keep price as low as possible but she is wanting to relocate inside unit but she cant afford it.the only problem she has with old unit is the location she says the unit makes to much noise. i told her that A/H are alot quieter than they use to be. so just wanted to hear what everyone thought. thanks
    The ductwork (supply and return) has the biggest impact on the noise. Get that right and she should be happy.

Incorporate a hi-eff. pleated 4-5" filter also to be safe.

Post Likes
    What George said!

But actually, with an undersized duct system, the VS motor air handlers can be NOISY just cuz they have the extra strength to try to move more air than the duct system should have.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    What George said!

But actually, with an undersized duct system, the VS motor air handlers can be NOISY just cuz they have the extra strength to try to move more air than the duct system should have.
    Exactly right (B. L.). The EMC motor will ramp up with a poor duct design and become noisy.

I worked for a company (probably like most) that could care less about the ductwork. I was called to talk with the homeowner about a temp. differance in the home. When I walked in the door, I could hear the EMC blower about ready to come unclued. I knew it was short on return and it (really) was. I didn't dare say it was installed wrong. I would have gotten in a lot of trouble.
    The boss always hated it when I added returns.

Post Likes
    Sounds like you want the tall short one with the small large coil with the cheapest large price.or do you want the most expensive cheap price?

Post Likes
    LMFAO!!! Rep. thats exactly what im looking for lol. but really the duct work is fine . im actually down sizing the old system is a 5 ton and im installing a 3 ton then rerouting ductwork and adding some to the other side of the house where im going to install a 2 ton system for second zone. so lets hear what yall think of that.lol.cant wait to hear this lol.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in