+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Third world country? No the USA

Post Likes
    Been watching CNN and if I did not know better I would swear the victims of Katrina were in some third world country not the USA.

Also can not phanthom the violence going on either. CNN reported 30,000 troops are headed there. I wish the Prez. would declare martial law with shoot to kill orders. There are reports of snipers. Get that snipers!! Society needs to be purged from the lawless sobs anyway.

My observation (and I may be wrong) it looks like no one is really in charge. Looks like a big C.F. to me.

Post Likes
    I think there a lot of people who given the chance to rob, rape and murder would do it. The only thing holding them back is getting caught and prison. I bet a lot of these s.o.b's will never be prosecuted.

Post Likes
    you say you think no one is in charge.

you said you think the sobs should be "purged".

you noticed there is violence there.

now with much of our society claiming they believe that most people are naturally good inside ... why do you think this violence is happening in the aftermath of Katrina?

my viewpoint is that people are NOT naturally good inside.
    They merely perform so as not to loose priveledges and comforts.

Post Likes
    It just goes to show how close we are to anarchy, one storm away. It would be nice to think this lawlessness and total lack of respect for others would open the eyes of the bleeding heart anti-gun people,unfortunately I am sure it wont.

When the nursing home director said he had 10 days worth of supplies until the mob came and stole everything, and he was thinking of giving his staff guns and teaching them to shoot, that really should be a wake up call to just how low some of these people are.

Luckily we live in a country where a person can still own guns, you never know when you might need one. Imagine having to try and defend yourself and your family from some of these mobs unarmed.

Post Likes
    Without delving into a lengthy discussion concerning human nature, my view is that the scum shooting at rescue helicopters and looting plasma TV's are drug addicted dirtbags who likely have had their drug lifeline snapped by the hurricane and are going stark raving mad without their daily fix.

There will always be scum in a disaster. But I take heart that there are far more who ARE good and rally to the cause to bring relief for suffering millions.

More to the point, R12. Your viewpoint quoted above must include yourself. Perhaps your theology allows that...mine tends toward a case by case basis. I'm leery of tossing out the blanket like I was fond of doing in my younger years.
    Psychrometrics: the very foundation of HVAC. A comfort troubleshooter's best friend.

Post Likes
    This is such a bad situation New Orleans is undergoing. The rescue efforts are not going well. I don't know the whole story but from what I gather these people are doing what they can to survive. I don't condone all the crimes they are committing but the National Guard has to control these crowds more effectively.

Then again it is now any man for himself.
    Hasta la victoria siempre!

Post Likes
    Just like with just about everything else, it only takes a few to really ruin it for everyone else.

I'd really like to say just pull out and let them all die if they want to act that way. The problem is the majority are worth helping out, it's the one's shooting and looting that really make it hard to help those who deserve it.

Post Likes
    My point of view is that looters should be shot on sight.

I could MAYBE understand if they were just taking food..water stuff like that...but they are not.

The city was a wild place to begin with, the scum has simply risen to the top as a result of what little control the police had over the city being removed.
    73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"

Post Likes

Sad but true..

All of us will pay for the looters merchandise. Big box will pass it along to us. Insurance companies will do the same. Damn hope they enjoy "our" plasma TV. Wonder if they would let us borrow it every other weekend?

Post Likes
    To me, the saddest story is Charity Hospital. Being the poor hospital, 200+ patients are stuck in there. They are being moved higher as looters work their way up. Ambulances can't come and choppers can't come due to being shot at. What do these looters think? There's a market for stolen medical stuff? Gonna sell these medical tools on e-bay?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by R12rules
    you say you think no one is in charge.

you said you think the sobs should be "purged".

you noticed there is violence there.

now with much of our society claiming they believe that most people are naturally good inside ... why do you think this violence is happening in the aftermath of Katrina?

Drug withdrawal

Post Likes

[Edited by Dowadudda on 09-02-2005 at 09:58 AM]

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in