+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 9-11 or 8-29

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes
    Which one is worse ?

Which one will be remembered the most ?

Will it even be close?

A thought just ran through my mind I wondered if nature could possibly deliver a heavier and more demoralizing blow to the United States than Usama Bin Laden did on 9-11-01, I think it did.

Post Likes
    Most idiots forgot 9-11 a long time ago.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Post Likes
    The worse natural diaster in US history was the hurricane that hit Galveston Texas in 1900. 10,000 people perished.

3000+ died in the 9-11. Far less than this died in Pearl Harbor.

Not many people remember Galveston but I doubt we will ever forget Pearl Harbor or 9-11. Death by the hand of God is one thing. Death by the hands of an enemy must be avenged.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by benncool
    The worse natural diaster in US history was the hurricane that hit Galveston Texas in 1900. 10,000 people perished.

3000+ died in the 9-11. Far less than this died in Pearl Harbor.

Not many people remember Galveston but I doubt we will ever forget Pearl Harbor or 9-11. Death by the hand of God is one thing. Death by the hands of an enemy must be avenged.

Beenie: you are so right. Were you wearing a new hat when you responded to this thread.

Also to R12rules: Most people are good but many are easily lead and end up following the wrong path. I think in this case there was a rough plan in place before the huricane and it was carried out. Things happened to fast and widespread to be anything else. There was probably a lot of talk on the street about what to do if this came about. Where o where are the community leaders. Where o where is Rev. Jackson and his croud?
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by vmc1161
    Where o where is Rev. Jackson and his croud?

You'll hear from them in the aftermath. They'll be talking about how slow and insufficient the rescue and relief effort was and what a shame it was that so many looters were gunned down by our own national guard.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Post Likes
    You can't armchair qb until the game is over. Don't worry Jesse and a hell of lot of others will come out of the woodwork to critize the relief effort. No one before this could imagine the enormity of the disaster or if they did, no one would listen. I heard US News did a story about 6 wks ago about the aftermath of such a scenario. Anyone read it?

The refugees are tired and hungry for sure but how about all the workers (relief)? They aren't getting much coverage yet but they sure deserve a lot of credit. How many days now? 5, 6? And I doubt they are getting more than a few hours rest each day.

This one may top Galveston in total devastation. Maybe the only ones to top it are Dresden, Hiroshima, or Krakatoa.

Post Likes
    It seams that we all have the attention span of a hyperactive chipmunk on crack.

In a few months other than a few news stories most people will not remember this event nor others in our history. Anyone mention OKC bombing lately? no...well what about last years hurricane season?...no....Hurricane Andrew? No.....

Lets face it, we tend to move on very quickly to the next news story. I'll bet that if the Pope got caught having sex with Paris Hilton today, or Jackson got caught with another child, that news coverage of the storm damage would drop off to almost nothing.
    73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"

Post Likes
    Rev. Jesse was already on CNN blaming the Repubicans and for allowing global warming. In his opinion, global warming caused the hurricane. Global warming is a Republican plot to wipe out his people.

Post Likes
    He isn't the only one blaming global warming. According to a copy of a letter forwarded to me via some democrat loving friends, from the honorable albeit pathetic Michael Moore, Bush is allowing the gulf waters to become "hotter" through global warming as well.

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in