Bluebird Wonderlodge A/C

Worked on a 1997 coach yesterday solving some a/c issues, system not really serviced for a while. The front ac evap is 43ft from the compressor utilizing an expansion type device. We can't find anything telling me the charge in the system.

Suction is in the low 20s which is rather low for 134a. I'd like to remove the charge completely and start over but am not sure how to recharge the sys.

I did put some freon in it since it's unlikely those rubber hoses or the compressor itself haven't leaked some in the past 13 years. The supply air was at 61 which is not good.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to go about this?

I posted here for exposure and the fact it's mobile ac not what we all do all the time.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Quote Originally Posted by Texas-Tech View Post
    Worked on a 1997 coach yesterday solving some a/c issues, system not really serviced for a while. The front ac evap is 43ft from the compressor utilizing an expansion type device. We can't find anything telling me the charge in the system.

Suction is in the low 20s which is rather low for 134a. I'd like to remove the charge completely and start over but am not sure how to recharge the sys.

I did put some freon in it since it's unlikely those rubber hoses or the compressor itself haven't leaked some in the past 13 years. The supply air was at 61 which is not good.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to go about this?

I posted here for exposure and the fact it's mobile ac not what we all do all the time.
    You're right about the hoses. Is there a sight glass on the receiver? A lot of times, they paint over everything and the sight glass is covered in paint and it looks like nothings there.
    There's TREACHERY AFOOT!!!

There is a canister in the liquid line but did not see a site glass
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

They usually put the receiver up front near the condenser. Look close. I've been fooled more than once on the painted over sight glass.

The condenser is at the rear on these. The compressor is a climate master, and is original equip. That canister could be a filter or a receiver. The part that confuses me is the expansion block, haven't figured out how they operate.

Well it should be near it if it has one. Any chance it is a dual condenser unit? I've never seen one but I have heard about them. You might have to call the Co. that built it to get a charge spec. I can't believe there isn't a sight glass on there somewhere. Every RV chassis I ever worked on, along time ago I might add, had one.

They are out of business now. These are allcustom built coaches, this one was around 400k.

Silly question. Have you tried calling any of the RV places in town yet? One of their guys might know something about this beast.
    You know you're gonna be married to this thing, now that you've worked on it.

Doing that tomorrow