Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: walkin freezer

walkin freezer

question,i have a freezer that we put in new evap coil m#tplp209les2br6 coil was replaced because a field tech fron united refridgearation said it was to small for compressor/condensor.cant get box down past 12 degrees.here is some info. outdoor temp this morning is 77 30 psi suction 270 head,air through cond. coil is 114.comp m# iscf09k6e-tfs-970 liquid line temp is 110 suction temp is 51.2.air entering evap is25 degrees and out is 9.5.i know i have no subcool cause my brother went back and added more charge which is 404a.the tev is non adjustable danfoss valve.i been back and fourth with this system there is also alot of frost build up on evap on coil restricting air flow there id 4 defrost periods on this system from jump street.i walked into this night mare need some input please.o yeah comp.amps are 8.1when i started this unit back up after we installed new evap coil i had 8 degrees of sub cool but box wouldnt come down below 28

How is the W-I this is on? Has the system been sized for the box sounds like
    it has a big load on the compressor.

the compressor was replaced two years ago im not sure if its sized rite for condensor coil no #s for coil and the box is 7 foot wide by 9 foot 8 foot tall united ref. says the pump is 9,000 btu and the evap coil does match now seems to me its not large enough either

The comp is rated 9k btu at -10, the evap is 9k btu at -20f.
    With a "mop" type powerhead, you have to let the box drop in temp and check the charge again.
    Your box should reach 0f. Don't know if you are going to get lower than that..
    The pressures and temp that you gave us, was that before or after yor brother gassed it up. He charged it with liquid I'm assuming?

Are you sure your defrost is working correctly?

It's defrosting 4 times a day for how long?

Are they leaving the door open for long periods of time. Does it have strip curtins?

If your brother add gas when iced up then probably over charged.

yes it was charged in liquid and there is no curtains there is 4 defrost periods should it only have 1 at say 35 min or need more for the open and closing of door?

my brother installed new defrost clock we was having problems with old and made sure coil was clear but cant get box down below 15 degree i went back this morning to recheck it and still not better

According to the post, he has 270 psi @ 110 f. That is 0-1 degrees subcool.
    Where is al of this heat comming from? Air is leaving at 9 and returning at 25, and there is frost. How does the door gasket look? Is the door closing all the way?

3 to 4 times a day 25 to 30 min each time.Depending on how often the door is opened and how well sealed the box is.

Is this box temp controled by a pressure switch or temp control inside box?

Does the compressor shut off when it reaches 15degrees?

the box is controled by temp which is set at 0 it never reaches set point and door seems to b sealing good no frost build up around it just all over the front of the evap around fansand coil gets alot just a sheet of white cant see fins at all when running door also has heater that is working

I think you need to call a pro.

Or get your post count up and apply for pro membership and ask in pro section.

I think were getting into DIY territory here.

If you can't see the fins behind the fans that evap is full of ice. Time for the water hose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast