Honeywell pro5000

Replaced my stat (old star totaline-nothing fancy) with a 5000. This thing turns on and turns off all the time. I think it is related to the econ/comfort setting...am I right, and damn, I am sorry to all those owners of 5000's that I set up that way.

Any advice out there?

Adjust your cph.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Yep turned my cycles per hour down to 3 and have been much happier with my vision pro.

thanks. I sit here and listen to it turning on and off and am thinking of all the times over the last four years people have complained about that. I never really took the time to think about the fact that they may have been right, not just pain in the ___ customers.

I am going to the truck for the programming paper. I forget which option it is.

Many techs and installers don't realize that the Thermostat manufacturers are selling accuracy and tightness to the set temp. They do this by setting a high cycle rate from the factory.

Also many techs and installers don't realize that the manufacturers preach setting the stats to 3 cycles per hour, or if the stat doesn't have a number setting, set it for the hydronic or hot water setting.

This allows the equipment to turn on half as much, run twice as long (approximately), allow for more complete combustion, lets the chimney get hotter and reduce condensation, lets the air get warmer to prevent cold drafty complaints, and double the life of all components in the furnace.

A win win for everyone except the thermostat manufacturers salesmen.
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!

Wow, I am realizing how little I know about the software in the stats. Thanks. MORE!!!!!!!!!

Okay, on the 5000 (the most common stat down here) what is the difference between comfort and economy settings? Old boss used to make us set it on economy

when you hit the up and down buttons together, it pops up numbers 10,20,30 etc. ????

i set the cycles per hour down to 3. we'll try that. THanks.