+ Reply to Thread

Thread: gas prices

Post Likes
    well we just broke $3 they went 50 cents in one week, man thats dramatic.
    there but for the grace of god, go all of us

Post Likes

Angry

Got in yesterday filled up $2.69 at Chevron.This morning $3.29 per gallon. What do these oil company's want to do make money on us in time of need.

They need to tighten there belts a little and help the American people with this crisis.Energy cost everybody and them Saudi Arabia turks need to remember who built there oil fields and who can blow them up.

Post Likes

Angry Bad Idea to raise prices now.

Got in yesterday filled up $2.69 at Chevron.This morning $3.29 per gallon. What do these oil company's want to do make money on us in time of need.

They need to tighten there belts a little and help the American people with this crisis.Energy cost everybody and them Saudi Arabia turks need to remember who built there oil fields and who can blow them up.

Post Likes
    Does anybody remember what the price of gas was on September 12, 2001?
    "If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a KA." - Albert Einstein

It's later than you think.

Post Likes
    We need to get congress on the ball with this. We need to take the gas at a reduced price from Iraq they owe us for freeing them so pay it out.
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    $3.35US/USGal 30 minutes ago. Changes with every stunned blink.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2’.

Post Likes
    $2.89 yesterday $3.29 today
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Post Likes
    Maybe someone can explain it better than I but gas prices are more or less determined by the trading of "gas Futures". That is the availability of supplys severral days or months(not sure) in the future. Due to the shutdown of about 5 refinerys the future availability is bleak. As I understand it, Bush releasing some of the strategic reserve will not help directly in dropping the price of gasoline. This is a shortage of refinerys. If I expounded on this, this thread would have to be moved to ARP, and we wouldn't want that now would we!

Post Likes
    I went to the store this morning top fill up and get a pack of smokes. I forgot my wallet so all I got was a pack of smokes. The price of gas was $2.69. I went back at lunch time to fill up and the price had jumped to $2.99. Drove by the same station after work and it was up $3.29.

The reason the price is going sky high is because we lost 10% of the refineries. Before the storm we were operating at 97% and when you lose so much of your refineries, well....?

Post Likes
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Post Likes
    Here in North Carolina Wilco Hess is still under $3/gal.Texaco and BP are at $3.30/gal.When this is all over I will drive past all the Texacos and BPs to make my purchases at Hess.

Post Likes

In Georgia, a few gas stations were charging as much as $6 per gallon Wednesday after other retailers had run out of gas and long lines were reported across the state. In response, Gov. Sonny Perdue signed an executive order authorizing state sanctions against gas retailers who gouge consumers.
    Get back to work.™

Post Likes
    Originally posted by ralphtheplumber
    Does anybody remember what the price of gas was on September 12, 2001?

Yep it was $1.85 at a few stations here in town, I found it for $1.65 on my way home so not to bad , the current price is $3.06 and most likely will go up some more, While it seems extreme to be paying that much at least I can be Thankful that I have a car to put it into and that My job is still here and home is still standing, its going to be tough going adjusting to the additional cost but much better then the alternative of having lost everything.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

Post Likes
    Well said BTC.

Post Likes
    Big oil companies should donate some of their profits to the relief effort if they are not going drop the price of fuel. Man, that is some good crack I'm smokin'.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in