i just hooked up an infinity air handler with a carrier single stage condenser and an infinity control. according to the paperwork, this will work. i called my local reps tech support and they said with it set up like this, the air handler speed won't modulate. i can only program in the cfm per ton i want the the unit will run at one speed all the time. a fellow contractor i know said the fan speed will modulate hooked up to the single stage compressor. does anyone have any experience with this.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    The fan will ramp up on start up,run at 80% on a call to dehumidify and cool.

It will also cool to dehumidify ,based on just a call to dehum.,If you select that option.

The only thing it won't do is run at the cfms for low speed compressor,which you wouldn't want .

with this configuration

if the system is satisfied and after a while the temperature rises 1-2 degress above setpoint. will the fan ramp up to a lower rpm vs. if the system was off all day and the homeowner turns it on.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Infinity makes "decisions " based on conditions at the home.

For example,if 350 cfm per ton was selected,and the system is above setpoint and not making sufficient progress towards the setpoint,it will ramp up to 400 cfms pe ton,thus increasing the sensible capacity ,to get to the setpoint sooner.

Most all of this is based on algoriths in the electronics,and not something that the print out to read,as there are many variables.

As far as I know,it will do everything,fan wise,with a single speed as a two speed,except for low stage/speed fan operation.

thanks

thanks for your help.